Rattle in subwoofer

Participant count
  • Participant list
Sounds like it is hitting the backplate or something on the back of the cone. Have you checked the area behind the cone for a lose lead or something there that should not be? If it is hitting the back plate, you may have damaged the coil. Check the integrity of the spider, any wires on the back, the dust cap and surrounds for sligh sperations

Sounds like it is hitting the backplate or something on the back of the cone. Have you checked the area behind the cone for a lose lead or something there that should not be? If it is hitting the back plate, you may have damaged the coil. Check the integrity of the spider, any wires on the back, the dust cap and surrounds for sligh sperations
How would that be possible if it's and I'm running it at its rated rms power not more

How would that be possible if it's and I'm running it at its rated rms power not more
Pull it, something has come loose or torn. If the spider fails, it will allow excessive movement and the driver can exceed the xmech and hits the backplate. Got to be something, pull the woofer and tale a look at the leads, the spider and the integrity of the driver overall. Sometimes they just give up do to a weakness that took a long time to surface.

Something is slapping around in there, woofers do fail under normal use, that's what warranties are for (provided it's still in warranty).

Pull it, something has come loose or torn. If the spider fails, it will allow excessive movement and the driver can exceed the xmech and hits the backplate. Got to be something, pull the woofer and tale a look at the leads, the spider and the integrity of the driver overall. Sometimes they just give up do to a weakness that took a long time to surface.

Something is slapping around in there, woofers do fail under normal use, that's what warranties are for (provided it's still in warranty).
Okay, could it be the box?

Okay, could it be the box?
Could be one of the screws for all I know. Once the driver is out, check everything, take it out slowly to see if the feed wires are hooked up on the basket and hitting on the back. looks for anything on the spider that may have come unglued. Move the driver in and out to see if anything pops out of place on the backside of the woofer. It's not pole vented so not likley anything got ssucked up into the little vent holes. If it is the box, usually sounds different than that cause thick wood does not flap around like that, would be more like an occasional thump, thump, not a clack clack. , but hey, anything is possible. Check everything out for integrity breaks in the box, the basket of the driver, the spider, the surrounds, the screws, debris, wiring, spring terminals, terminal mounts, dustcap, that's about all that I can think of.

Last edited:
Could be one of the screws for all I know. Once the driver is out, check everything, take it out slowly to see if the feed wires are hooked up on the basket and hitting on the back. looks for anything on the spider that may have come unglued. Move the driver in and out to see if anything pops out of place on the backside of the woofer. It's not pole vented so not likley anything got ssucked up into the little vent holes. If it is the box, usually sounds different than that cause thick would does not flap around like that, would be more like an occasional thu thump, nlt a clack clack. , but hey, anything is possible. Check everything out for integrity breaks in the box, the basket of the driver, the spider, the surrounds, the screws, debris, wiring, spring terminals, terminal mounts, dustcap, that's about all that I can think of.
Okay thank you for your help

Take out the sub and play it free air. First with the vent pole unobstructed then obstructed. If the sound is not present, then the box may be the issue. If the rattle is present, then the sub is the issue.

Did I miss something?

1711169991894.png

Going to deff have to pull that sub and check it, Id check both. Look at the enclosure an inspect for any leaks and seal. Ive even have some noise I thought was from the subs and it ended up being my roof making the rattling noise from no support and deadening at one time. The enclosure may be too small for the subs as well and bottoming out the way the way you are running them even or just maxxing the cones out to theyre limitations as well. Who really knows without being present? Several variables to consider and inspect

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...