2 amp installation

Participant count
  • Participant list

Kdr79

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hello fellas. I have a 1000 watt amp currently hooked up and I bought a 600 watt amp just for my sub. My 1000 watt amp is connected to the fuse box. So if I hook up this second amp to the battery instead of the fuse box will I still need a distribution box? Or can it be done as I described?

Why did you hook up your 1000 watt amplifier to the fuse box? Isn't it standard practice to run a fused cable from the battery to the amplifier? How were you able to connect the wire gauge required for your amp to the fuse box. Just asking to satisfy my curiosity.

I would run a new cable from the battery and use a distribution block to power the 2 amplifiers. I would also use a distribution block for my grounds.

Then you got ripped off because no quality place is going to wire a amplifier direct to the fuse block in the car. They are going to run a wire to the battery with a fuse holder 12"-18" away from the battery and then to a set of distribution blocks if you are running 2 amplifiers and with the ground run 2 distribution blocks as well that don't have fuses in them.

He's probably referring to a fuse block on the wire or his remote wire. Obviously no one is going to run 1000w through the vehicle's fuse block.

I'm sure they ripped me off cause I'm female. I've paid two different places one $300 and the other $180 and both charged me out the ass and I still don't have proper sound with me equipment. I'm just fed up with all of them. And don't have the money to pay them anymore. So I will just do it myself. And yeah I've attached the fuse box rig.

Attachments

• 20210109_105216.jpg
    20210109_105216.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 106
Okay the way it sounded it was right at the other fuse block.

While people have done that kind of connection before imho you should hook it up direct at the battery. I run a big 3 with one going to that location but I have the fuse power line right at the battery.

I see. They basically just used the car’s factory cable to “splice” into. They should’ve gone straight from the positive battery post. Does your system play fine? Any voltage drops? For your amps you could run 0 gauge ofc from the battery into a distribution block with two 4 gauge wires going to each amp. Or if it will reach; use that cable in the pic and connect it to the battery where it should be. Then you would just have to make a second run of 4 gauge for the new amp. Unfortunately TX is huge so you’re too far away or I’d help you out.

I see. They basically just used the car’s factory cable to “splice” into. They should’ve gone straight from the positive battery post. Does your system play fine? Any voltage drops? For your amps you could run 0 gauge ofc from the battery into a distribution block with two 4 gauge wires going to each amp. Or if it will reach; use that cable in the pic and connect it to the battery where it should be. Then you would just have to make a second run of 4 gauge for the new amp. Unfortunately TX is huge so you’re too far away or I’d help you out.
My radio plays but as soon as I hook the subwoofer up the bass cuts out so someone said I need another amp so I got one and they hooked all the wires up and I thought it was working but it doesn't sound like it should.

I would connect it to the battery as Marve and I said. That might be just enough to get the voltage up where it should to run the amplifier. And back where the two amplifiers are I would do a distribution block like this and a ground distribution block without fuses as well so you only have one ground spot so it is a cleaner looking install. I prefer full size ANL fuses as I can get them easier then I can mini-anl fuses around my area.

I use this one for my grounds.

This one has your choices of anl fuses. Idk what you have for amplifiers or what fuse size is in the power wire up at the battery.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.