Subwoofer turns off! Plz help!!!

WHYYYYY do they put that mesh over their port. I bet it's tuned to like 40 hz or something too. I bet those p3's want 2 cubes or so, don't exactly remember, but a lot of RF 12's that I've done, iirc, are around 2 cubic feet net or maybe even a little more for the best sound.

WHYYYYY do they put that mesh over their port. I bet it's tuned to like 40 hz or something too. I bet those p3's want 2 cubes or so, don't exactly remember, but a lot of RF 12's that I've done, iirc, are around 2 cubic feet net or maybe even a little more for the best sound.
i only went with this box because my trunk does not have a lot of upward space and i was contain it would fit my car.

With box rise and all that yeah wouldn't be shocking.

What size wire did you use for the amplifier? I would have run 4 gauge at that wattage, if they sold you a 8 gauge then that is too small. Rockford isn't exactly known for selling the correct wiring amplifier kits for boxes. Along with what size wire did you use to hook it up to the subwoofer with? Running that wattage I would be using at least 12 gauge if not 10 gauge. 10 gauge is the minimum I run on subwoofers.

Just keep the Bass Boost OFF . If you want LOUDER DEEPER BASS. Reconfigure your sub stage and place a Budget and find the best within that Budget. Sounds like you are not satisfied with your current sub stage

With box rise and all that yeah wouldn't be shocking.

What size wire did you use for the amplifier? I would have run 4 gauge at that wattage, if they sold you a 8 gauge then that is too small. Rockford isn't exactly known for selling the correct wiring amplifier kits for boxes. Along with what size wire did you use to hook it up to the subwoofer with? Running that wattage I would be using at least 12 gauge if not 10 gauge. 10 gauge is the minimum I run on subwoofers.
i ran 4 gauge for the power and ground wire. and 12 gauge to the sub box. and the subs are faced outward.

There’s the subs in my car

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 177
Those subs are better suited for sealed and 4th order bandpass boxes in my experience. If you want them to do well ported, it needs to be a fairly large box with really low port tuning. If they are in 1.5 cubes at 40hz port tuning, it will peak between 40-50 hz (depending on cabin gain), and sharply drop off below that. Definitely not a sub I would choose if I wanted a ported system. In a sealed system or BP4, they are great subs.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.