Subwoofer terminals melting

huh? guy had 4 ga with 250 fuse and wires were melting is all i know coulda been ground, he has 0ga now.. if fuse don't stop amp from blowing y do we use them?

Okay... I see something written as if you weren't even clear as to what location even YOU were referring to... WTF... LOL!... Why do YOU use them (fuses)... You're giving advice...

yeah but wouldn't lower amp fuse blow faster and help in that situation?

OK... In what situation... which fuse location...WHERE?.. once again you are unclear and this type of post IS normal from you...

i just think ya'll aren't getting what i'm saying i know the fuse on batts is to prevent fires........ i'm saying fuse on amp or at amp (if amp don't have fuse) is to protect amp right???????????? so if amp says 200a fuse i would use that not a higher one thats all..

Now it seems like you're getting defensive... and trying to clarify... fine... if you do fuse the amps that's your choice... BTW... to be clear.... I am NOT trying to belittle you... just hoping that you will see what a lot of other people see...

i did say fuse at amp not battery., i have had a fuse blow before i wasn't in a wreck and car wasn't on fire, any time a wire touches something could cause a short, so it's for more than just a wreck is what i'm saying.. i have said in the past i called fd because i saw a car trunk on fire at stoplight guy in car didn't know it was on fire i went to stop light he was out then told him i called fd he said "da*n stereo" so thank god i'm not as stupid as ya'll seem to think i am..

Once again you previous posts tell a different story... now you're trying to justify your frustration and blame someone else... it's a pattern with you... I believe you're getting all worked up and fixating on your online "image"... the first post does NOT say at amp OR battery... just slow down man... proofread ALL your posts and be as CLEAR and EXACT as you can... We all know you're a "post-ho"... I watched all this year while you jumped on almost every post... Fine... that's who you are and personally I just don't care anymore.... I've got no hate for you man... actually it has been kind of sad watching you take a beating for 2 weeks now... and your reactions are VERY predictable... BTW...I did type the phrase "ANY accident"... which was meant to encompass more than a car wreck... Take it easy man...

My current enclosure has one and no issues....https://www.parts-express.com/speaker-terminal-cup-gold-insulated-5-way-binding-post-high-power--260-244
Steve Meade actually created some that are quick-release so If he uses them, why can't other people.?!
It's just added resistance. Wire to wire is better. Push terminals, spade crimps, and soldered connections are places that can pose issues. If the wire isn't pinched tight by the spring terminal, the crimp has corrosion on the inside of the box, or the soldered joint is loose, the connections can heat up.

In case of any accident... to prevent a battery from shorting and causing a fire... LOL!
That's for the power coming from your battery. I run 1/0 from there with a 300amp fuse into a distribution block. The 4 gauge runs going from the distribution block to my amps are fused at my amps rated draw. This is to protect the amps. The fuse at the battery is to keep your car from going up in flames should something happen to that cable.
Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

It's just added resistance. Wire to wire is better. Push terminals, spade crimps, and soldered connections are places that can pose issues. If the wire isn't pinched tight by the spring terminal, the crimp has corrosion on the inside of the box, or the soldered joint is loose, the connections can heat up.
Gotcha.

I've said my piece... it's over in my book... I'm NOT a Gramps YET... 1 is up and out and self-sufficient and in ASU and 2 more to go...

I've said my piece... it's over in my book... I'm NOT a Gramps YET... 1 is up and out and self-sufficient and in ASU and 2 more to go...
Nice so you are probably closer to my dad's age. He is a baby basshead too, but I typically do everything for his set-up. He went to a show with me recently tho and now he caught the bug I think. Ill have to invite him to the cage match of the CAF. Maybe he can give these young whippersnappers some **** advice too lol

*peace

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

Grandpa vs Grandpa this is quite entertaining!
My thoughts the same.

Nice so you are probably closer to my dad's age. He is a baby basshead too, but I typically do everything for his set-up. He went to a show with me recently tho and now he caught the bug I think. Ill have to invite him to the cage match of the CAF. Maybe he can give these young whippersnappers some **** advice too lol
EH!.. speak up my d*nm hearing aid needs a battery... LOL!.. I turned 50 last year, still got a 6 year old at home... I've got a LONG way to go... almost checked out 16 months ago... stroke!.. wound too tight I think... sure... different views make this forum is a lot livelier than it was even a year ago...

---------- Post added at 04:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:27 PM ----------

*peace 

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:27 PM ----------

My thoughts the same.
Water under the bridge... LOL!

EH!.. speak up my d*nm hearing aid needs a battery... LOL!.. I turned 50 last year, still got a 6 year old at home... I've got a LONG way to go... almost checked out 16 months ago... stroke!.. wound too tight I think... sure... different views make this forum is a lot livelier than it was even a year ago...
Okay, 50 isn't all that old lol. But it seems very young for a stroke, that's wild. I'm glad you are okay man. I would much rather be around 50 year olds than 15-23 year olds these days! That's for sure

Okay, 50 isn't all that old lol. But it seems very young for a stroke, that's wild. I'm glad you are okay man. I would much rather be around 50 year olds than 15-23 year olds these days! That's for sure

*peace

ppb9b7f700_0f.jpg

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.