Wire gauge

Participant count
  • Participant list
Why do you need that exact size wire? If anything, get some 16 gauge to be safe. You can always use wire that's a bit overkill.

When I start a build, I buy a 250 ft spool of 12 gauge OFC. I use it on everything but my subs. Power wires for headunit, relay power wires, mids, and even tweets (which is overkill for the power I'm running to them)

You can put new crimps on 16 gauge wire. It won't be much more expensive than 18 gauge anyways.

Why do you need that exact size wire? If anything, get some 16 gauge to be safe. You can always use wire that's a bit overkill.
When I start a build, I buy a 250 ft spool of 12 gauge OFC. I use it on everything but my subs. Power wires for headunit, relay power wires, mids, and even tweets (which is overkill for the power I'm running to them)

You can put new crimps on 16 gauge wire. It won't be much more expensive than 18 gauge anyways.
Thanks for the reply. I want to use the same size wire I have already used. I just need to make it a bit longer

Well, it wouldn't hurt if you got wire a bit bigger to make it longer. It will only hurt if you get wire that's too small.

You should email Rockville and ask what gauge the wire is.

Thanks for the reply. I want to use the same size wire I have already used. I just need to make it a bit longer
i'm 90% sure it's 18 ga, u just need someone that has packs of wire like that laying around from speakers they didn't use like me lol..

Prob is 18 gauge.....it should say on the wiring, if you got good eyes. or find a magnifying glass. My Polks have that same exact wiring.

It's pretty standard for car audio companies to supply some of that same wiring for their products.

I will get the magnifying glass out! ThanksI have some spare 14 gauge. It is safe to join 14 and 18 gauge together? Maximum 1 meter.
Absolutely. Don't see why not. As long as it isn't smaller wire than the 18 gauge your fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.