sub wired to 1 ohm but have an amp ????

Participant count
  • Participant list
I have an Orion h2 12" dvc 2 ohm sub. I have it wired down to 1 ohm. The amp I pick up today is an autotek 4000 watt( hahaha). It's a 2 channel and is not bridgeable. I think the amp is 1 ohm stable it didn't get hot but I have 8 gauge wires right now. The amp take 4 gauge. I am not sure how to wire the sub The amp. What would be best. Thanks

sounds like the mm 4000 and its 2 ohm stable ,but if it takes only 4 gauge then it may be one of the newer amps ,need to know actual model of the amp

This is the link to the amp. There is pics of it and there is 2+ and 2-.,this is a 2 channel amp these much be junkAutotek M4000.1D 4000W Max Mean Machine Series Mono Amplifier
thats not a 2ch just bexause it has 2 pos and 2 neg ..and specs say 2 ohm stable not 1

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

Black with a blue lit edge .. 2 70 amp ext fuses ..?? And yes it's 1 ohm stable
specs say its 2 ohm stable

thats not a 2ch just bexause it has 2 pos and 2 neg ..and specs say 2 ohm stable not 1 

---------- Post added at 02:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:44 PM ----------

specs say its 2 ohm stable
Where do they say that unless we're thinking of diff amp's.....

The new 4000 mean machine all black is a one ohm amp ..

It says online its 1 ohm stable. I don't get the 2 speaker terminals. Normally the 4000.1 would mean 1 channel right. How should I wire it up then
It's internally connected .. It is a mono amp .. Just use 1 pos 1 neg connection doesn't matter which

---------- Post added at 01:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:51 PM ----------

That just makes it easier wiring multiple subs that's all ..

Where do they say that unless we're thinking of diff amp's.....The new 4000 mean machine all black is a one ohm amp ..
i didnt click on the specs i see now.. but first page says 2000x1 @2 ohms

---------- Post added at 02:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:52 PM ----------

and ditch the 8 gauge or u will be frying it fast

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.