Best way to install all of this?

Participant count
  • Participant list

clos2k

Okay for starters, I kind of know what I'm doing but I suppose that really doesn't explain a whole lot. I've installed a few systems in my days and I'm a do it yourselfer. So in my SUV I have (and don't laugh but I love it and it has great quality, features) a Dual stereo with Bluetooth that I run my Note 2 and Tablet thru. For amps I have a Kenwood KAC-9102D 900W rms (Old Skool) amp that rocks 2 Polk 12" dxi124 360W rms (I got for 39.99 each). I have another amp that I wired my door speakers to not the deck, that has terrible quality and has a wining sound from the engine (I know about good grounds which I have), which I'm going to switch out to a better quality amp which would be a Majestic MA160A which is 80W+80W and its bridgeable. The other amp is old too but good quality and its in my other car and I believe its 150W+150W as I have it hook up to 6" kickers. I have a good alternator and a good battery and after reading all the threads about a capacitor I still have one of those too. Since I've been using it I only had one problem and I had a bad battery at the time which is why I'm assuming the capacitor drained it completely dead. I've had my truck in storage for awhile now and I was wondering how I should hook everything together as I also want to install possibly some two 6" midrange speakers which are 300W which may be overkill and not needed. I seen a thread that explained the capacitor issue in detail and another thread about and off switch for the capacitor, as I drained my bad battery easily. I'm assuming that I don't need the switch since I've upgraded my alt and battery. Right? Secondly, can somebody tell me the best way to wire my door speaker to a 4 channel amp or a 2 channel amp for the best sound quality? I forgot to mention my four door speakers are Sony XS-GTX1642 Xplod which 60W rms. I'm a craigslist shopper except for my stereo, 6.5's and Subs I got at BB and I'm looking to purchase a sub enclosure and I have two options. My first options is a Rockford sub box with tweeters and its ported, or a sealed box for my Polk dxi124's. I've never done an enclosure with tweeters and ports so I'm wondering if this will be good for my subs as they sounded great before in a sealed box. I know this is a lot of questions but if someone could give me some suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks for reading! If you need additional info please let me know... .

I'd be able to help you a lot better if you made a list of all your amps and all speakers you wanna hook up, and the respective wattages of each.

Example:

Amps:

Amp 1, 300W

Amp 2, 150W

Speakers:

(2) Speakers, 60W each

(1) Subwoofer, 400W

etc.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.