Sub to OEM stereo

Nickrrr

CarAudio.com Newbie
Hi guys I want to install an aftermarket sub, amp and front speakers to my OEM stereo and I'm a bit confused. I know I need to attach a HiLow converter to OEM stereo. One for RCA for amp to power the front speakers, but how do I power the Sub when the OEM stereo only has outputs for the front OEM speakers?

Assuming it's a powered sub (built in or tacked-on amp), you'll need to run 12V power & ground (thickness dependent on the amp you have) from your battery to amp, and a trigger wire from the radio or ignition (maybe even the LOC, depending which one you have) to the amp.

Hi guys I want to install an aftermarket sub, amp and front speakers to my OEM stereo and I'm a bit confused. I know I need to attach a HiLow converter to OEM stereo. One for RCA for amp to power the front speakers, but how do I power the Sub when the OEM stereo only has outputs for the front OEM speakers?
Here is a great little item that will do the bull work of what you want to do. The nice thing is that it doesn’t require a separate remote turn on, it uses the high level outs for you speakers to turn on the amp. No distortion at rated output, great YouTube vid tested, clean at full output. You run the high level speaker outputs from your HU to this unit, run the same speaker cables to the R/L speakers you have, then from the LOC to power the remote turn on for the amp then the RCA’s to the amp. You’ll likely have the needed crossover on the amp to adjust the frequency of the amp.

Another solution would be to get this LOC with a built in BASS restorer which will restore the lower bass frequencies that OEM head units often removed in stock HU’s. It also enhances your ability to shape the sound to the amp. Either one is a great solution to what you are trying to do with what you have.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...