Sub/s to replace CVXs?

GaresTaylan
10+ year member

Hey everyone. Setup is in sig. I have had these CVXs for several years (first generation). I was starting to get kinda bored with them and was thinking about something new as I am not really happy with the way they sound in my 07 Charger. I've had them in both sealed and ported enclosures.

Anyone have any recommendations for something new? Its been awhile since Ive played with car audio so I'm not sure what's great and what ***** anymore. Would I benefit from something like a pre-enclosed 12" L7 from Kicker? My main gripe is that the CVXs don't get loud enough in this vehicle. They used to pound in my last car in a box with much less air space (04 Mustang, audio enhancers box down-firing).

I wouldn't be apposed to going down to a single 12 instead of two 10s. Thanks for any help.

Well, you have about 1700rms on tap at 2ohm. One beastly dvc4 12 should do the trick
Thanks for the advice I'll look into this sub. I've been hearing a lot on the forums about the Sundown SA12, would that be a good choice? I guess I should add that while I do want a sub that is louder, I would like cleaner as well. This is just a daily driver and I listen to various types of music from classic rock, to alternative to a little rap. Budget I would say $300 or less.

I have heard alot about the Sundown subs..i dont have enough personal experience to really say tho...You might want to check out some DCs

but the only way u get louder is go with 2 12's or more power.

PAIR NEW CADENCE ZRS-12-1000-4 12" 4000w CAR SUBWOOFERS - eBay (item 390196689889 end time Jun-14-10 18:41:31 PDT) 2.0 vented a piece, dont like sealed though, really ****ing loud subs.

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/showthread.php?t=40451

pair of 12's and u will get a lot more output, as our power will be the same so you need to get more cone area.

http://web.archive.org/web/20030101000000-20050101235959/http://www.edesignaudio.com/ep2/12a.htm

info on the ed's only needs 1.5 vented a piece

i first had a pair of cvx 12's hated they way they sounded, i ploped

(2) CADENCE COMPETITION 12" 2800w CAR AUDIO SUBWOOFERS - eBay (item 300402576242 end time May-31-10 09:46:19 PDT)

these in to replace them and wow 100 times better, and used them for 2 months untill i got the setup i wanted 4 zrs-1000d's, if u want i will send u my wildbeast subs i used for 2 months for 100 bucks shipped and they only recomend a 1.5 to 2 cube per sub enclosure. the wildbeast was a much more effecient sub but got relly loud a lot of people like the wildbeast a lot more then the new zrs subs, paper cone reenforced kevlar and a 95db efficiency.

I had 2 12" CVX's and they blew me away, go with them in about 4.5 cubes ported....
I'm limited in trunk space with the amp rack I have and the box for the 2nd battery. The ported enclosure was about 3.5 cubes ported and it sounded pretty awful - like the subs were always bottoming out.

I switched them to a sealed enclosure and they sound cleaner, but still don't hit hard. Don't understand how they hit so hard in my mustang in a box that provided only about .85 per sub sealed.

mclerico83 do you work for cadence because every single post I see you in there. posting where to buy these and how you always had the same subs as the op and traded for those.... Sadly if you did the marketing isn't working cause I see them always choosing another sub.

nope, hey not always i have people pm me always. i did have 2 cvx's replaced them in one of my cars with wildbeasts, before the cvx's i had re se's and i hated the cvxes. and truth is truth. they are amazing subs it dosent really bother me if people dont buy them i just like having their mouth drop when they hear my system and how much i paid for it, ill post some tl specs after i get my new system metered memerial day weekend. cadence does most of their marketing and killing overseas where they hold the record for loudest 2 sub setup with 2 custom daytonas on i think 6 zrs9000d's. pm bobby32 he had some daytonas thought he wanted to get rid og them installed them and now he dosent want to sell them as he has posted they wipe the floor of his sundown nightshade.

mclerico83 do you work for cadence because every single post I see you in there. posting where to buy these and how you always had the same subs as the op and traded for those.... Sadly if you did the marketing isn't working cause I see them always choosing another sub.
ps if u can see i have been thanked many times

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.