sub reccommendation

axeshredder
10+ year member

Recently had system put in my kids car. Average stuff. 1000 watt fosgate amp, running 2 12 p3 subs. alpine deck, average fosgate speakers. I have a Kicker 1500zx running 2 12 L7's. To me, it sounds like these "average" p3's are louder, and hit way harder than L7's. It has got to where I may rip the subs out. LOL. So, I'm looking at T1's (fosgate). One car audio dude says 1 jlw7 would be louder than 3 L7's. Anyway, subs are subjective, but I want 2 12s that hit HARD. Also want decent price, durability, and something zx1500 will drive. Ok, so lets hear it. LOL

look into the sundown sa series, aq hdc3s, aq hd2.5, dc lvl 3, or you could get one sundown zv3 12, also check out the classifieds, theres a smexy pair of apx 12s in their.

There is more to a system then just the product. The enclosure, install, settings, and application all play a role in the overall performance.

There is more to a system then just the product. The enclosure, install, settings, and application all play a role in the overall performance.
^^ da truf.... id rather have a crappy sub in a great enclosure than a great sub in a crappy enclosure...

My install has the wiring 0/1 gauge, high amp alt, yellow top, alpine cda105, so as far as I know, I did what I could do for set up
again, its not just the equipment, but how you install it //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

[quote name='falcons03079313']@TaylorFade and @pro\-rabbit could probably take a 10" walmart sony explod and it would be louder than some guys here that go out and buy 500 dollar subs. its all in the install.[/QUOTE]

What is funny about that is we did a walmart system for a friend back in 1998. Used 2 12" Pioneer IMPP 12s with a blue/grey jenson 300(all from walmart)...all wire was from walmart but we built the enclosure.

It did a 139.9db at a db drag show the next day after we built it... lol, was not shabby for a 80's bronco.

look into the sundown sa series, aq hdc3s, aq hd2.5, dc lvl 3, or you could get one sundown zv3 12, also check out the classifieds, theres a smexy pair of apx 12s in their.
Heard of sundown yes. Not heard in a car. sub choices so many and often subjective (to a degree) what about fosgate t1's?

My install has the wiring 0/1 gauge, high amp alt, yellow top, alpine cda105, so as far as I know, I did what I could do for set up
What kind of car, and since we are talking mainly about "bass" here what kind of enclosure?

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Heard of sundown yes. Not heard in a car. sub choices so many and often subjective (to a degree) what about fosgate t1's?
Why upgrade when there is no need?

What is funny about that is we did a walmart system for a friend back in 1998. Used 2 12" Pioneer IMPP 12s with a blue/grey jenson 300(all from walmart)...all wire was from walmart but we built the enclosure.
It did a 139.9db at a db drag show the next day after we built it... lol, was not shabby for a 80's bronco.
lol i bet you im barely doing that with my mojo. i fail.

What kind of car, and since we are talking mainly about "bass" here what kind of enclosure? 

---------- Post added at 10:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

Why upgrade when there is no need?
his car 97 civic. my car 2002 civic. yes solo's sound good, but.......................

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.