Sub problem. Please try to help me if you can

Participant count
  • Participant list

Jakerrr
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
When I have my sub on volume 20, its pretty freakin loud, even though the cone looks like its not even moving. Pretty crazy... But when I turn it up to around 27 or higher (out of 35), the screws loosen and the sub starts rattling like crazy and jumping around. Even is causing the box to flex and jump a bit. There really is a ton of output id say around 145 db somewhere around 39 hz but how do I keep these screws in place???! I've tightened them as much as possible they just seem to loosen up when I surpass 27/30 volume.

correct size screws? i made that mistake with my box, used a size screw just under the size i pre drilled, simple fix but hard to discover
I posted on your thread about your sub options btw. But no they're definitely the right size, the sub is just so loud it's about to rip the box to shreds it seems but it has to be due to the screws...

---------- Post added at 11:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:44 PM ----------

Does anyone use certain types of screws for this problem? or glue

Like stated above,use bigger screws.or better yet t-lugs and screws or bolts.also you should anchor the box somehow so it does not bounce around and jump.
Thanks that should help ill just try some beefy screws I guess

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.