HDS315 vs HDC3.115

Participant count
  • Participant list

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
I'm content with my current setup, but I'm always window shopping - something I'm sure most of you can relate to. I've been wanting to try a SoundQubed sub because so many people here seem to love them for their price to performance ratio. I've got a pair of tens currently and I figure if I upgrade I'd try one sub with as much cone area as I can fit in the small space behind the third row. I can probably fit a ported 15" back there. I'd go 18" if there's room, but I doubt it.

Anyway, I'm sure the HDC series is better, but I wanted to know by how much. The HDS series is marketed as a "street" woofer, while the HDC is geared towards competition. The HDC has copper coils, almost three times the usable throw, x-max, and magnet weight, but the spec sheet lists and RMS rating of only 1500W (compared to the 1200W of the HDS).

My guess is that people probably put a lot more than 1500W on the HDC and it probably gets pretty **** loud for the money. I'm curious, might this be the reason the HDC series is 2x the price?

For my real world use though I'm probably going to put 900W on a sub and only use it for music, never burps. Would the HDS be the ideal pick here?

Links for reference:

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDS315_p_229.html

http://www.soundqubed.com/HDC3115-Copper-Coil-Subwoofer_p_24.html

Huge difference in the motor. Pretty sure you could run 2 or 3k daily to a C. I've never heard one IRL though. Just what I know about them from reading online. The HDS 15 alone wouldn't be enough sub for me. I installed 4 hds312s in a 4th order blow through and it's loud but not where I'd want to be if if was mine. I'm hoping to be louder than it with a single CT EXO 15 on 3800w in a hatch.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Umbra

Hobbyist & CA Tenderfoot
Umbra
Long Island, NY
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from