Sub only sounds 'loud' when music is played through my galaxy s4

Participant count
  • Participant list

LongThrow

My Kickers be swaggin'
Pioneer deh150mp head unit.

I have to have SLA up to +4, LPF subwoofer level to max (+6) gain on amp set to 65%, eq 80hz on hu to +6, loudness on high. THEN I have to use the new setting on my phone to increase more low bass note freqs., and then a separate bass adjuster on my phone. With anyone else's phones, or eq set to normal on my phone, the bass is still there but not 'loud' or 'heavy' like it is when I have it EQed to hell.

10 inch kicker 150watt 4 ohm in prefab truck box

Sony xm502z believe around 125w x 1 4 ohms stereo/bridgeable

8g boss wiring kit

All connections are great, 'professionally'(local audio installer) installed

The problem is in the amp.

If you have to bring all the gains up to get near what you want then it is because you do not have enough amp power to amplify the signal from the headunit.

Find a 2 ohm stable that is atleast 100+ more watts then what your sub is rated for so you have overhead to turn it up and get more power for your sub.

But with a 125 watt sub you cannot expect much since alot of components mids can handle 150 easily.

Your pretty much using a very very very weak sub.

Its a ported truck box but nevertheless I still need to upgrade. I'm just gonna sell the system I currently have. Just be happy with my pioneers and power my door speakers with my amp (I have 2 of the same amp) and then just save up for a real system.

Its a ported truck box but nevertheless I still need to upgrade. I'm just gonna sell the system I currently have. Just be happy with my pioneers and power my door speakers with my amp (I have 2 of the same amp) and then just save up for a real system.
Ported prefab truck box=crap

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.