Sub not working. Need info.

Participant count
  • Participant list

Greentaco

I'm having a random issues with my subwoofer and need some assistance (pardon my lack of technical terms). I've had the same setup in my truck for the last 11 years with no modifications since it was installed and no changes and it's always worked well for me. Last week I was driving home from work and noticed there was no bass. The box is behind my drivers seat so I reached around and felt it wasn't moving. Here is what I noticed when I got home, the fault protection light was on. When I turned on the radio/amp the sub moves out once and will retract when the radio/amp is turned off. If I unplug one of the two wires to the sub the fault light goes away. Im guessing it's an issue with the sub, but how can I be sure? I have a digital multimeter. Is there a way to repair or will the sub have to be replaced. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Amp is a Profile California 600M

Sub is a 10" pioneer (not sure model)

measure the coils resistance by probing the + and - with your multimeter set to resistance. i would also pull the sub out and visually inspect it (especially since its been 11 years).

Pull it out of the box and check the sub for any issues and test the coils with a DMM not wired up to an amp .Do an overall visual inspection as well for any damage.May be time for a new sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.