DD Redline 600 any good for the money?

Oregonguy

Oregon
Ok so I'm going to be getting a f150 crew cab but I need help to see which sub will fit my scenario. The box is going to be a downfire ported box to about 2 ft3 with a top mounting depth of 6 inchs. Powering will be a jx 1000 with 4 gauge wiring and a xs power battery so I might be able to get a bigger amp later on.

I was looking into either:

2 10 inch sundown sa

2 10 inch DD Redline 610

4 8 inch alpine type r

I'm looking to build a sql setup but the DD I'm not sure if it's able to compete with the sa and i don't think the 4 alpines will get low enough with the space and power I got.

6 inches is already my limit. After that the surround is probably going to start rubbing
2 good 8s will work better with your power. More coil and more cone area than a single 12. If you can spend a bit you can get a better 12.

Either or will work but with your depth I'd do 8s

id go with 2 8s then, there's not a lot of 12s with that kind of mounting depth without losing some output due to them being "shallow mount"

What do u guys think about 3 alpine type rs? I can get all 3 for a little under $300 and I could also wire them down to 2 ohms which will be perfect for my amp

What do u guys think about 3 alpine type rs? I can get all 3 for a little under $300 and I could also wire them down to 2 ohms which will be perfect for my amp
How would you get three type R's to 2 ohms?

Please explain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.