Sub louder after adding amp for my door speakers?

Ncascone

Hey guys,

I'm really just trying to understand what exactly made my sub louder.

I ran a thicker gauge wire from the battery last night and attached a second amp which is running to my door speakers.

Now, my subwoofer (which is hooked up to my original amp) sounds a lot more powerful.

What could be the reason?

its happened to me as well, adding better grounds and power wire resulted in an audible increase in loudness. not much, but it was definitely there. it's not necessarily bottle necking, although it could be in a lot of circumstances.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Similar threads

What is your budget? With being exposed to Rain.. I would recommend looking at a marine grade SAS Bazooka for the sub stage
Don't forget Hoffman's Iron Law. You can have 2 of the 3: low end, efficiency/sensitivity or small enclosure size...
I have a Y as well, so many options you can go with. I'm running 500 watts to a JL 10W6v2 and its more than enough output for me (1.25 @ 32hz)...
One or two, they are still subwoofer outs and are mono summed signals from both left and right. Even the 2 RCA subwoofer pre-outs on the 2nd one...

About this thread

Ncascone

Ncascone
Hartford, CT
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
porkcereal