* High Frequency Response: 300 Hz

* Diameter: 12 Inch

With a Infinity Reference 1300a

RMS Power Rating:

4 ohms: 200 watts x 1 chan.

2 ohms: 300 watts x 1 chan.

Max power output: 342 watts x 1 chan.

MOSFET power supply

So I got this installed at a shop in my town which turns out to be a ****** shop but I just moved here so I had no idea. First time they installed this I smelled a weird smell they said it was normal, left the shop bass pumpin for about a half hour then it stops. I look in the trunk and smoke is coming out of the hole on top. Took it there they said the speaker was faulty, so i got them another brand new replacement they installed it again, same exact thing happens. They say its the speakers fault again, and they are trying to sell me a ****** kicker speaker which they claim is 10x better but it has only half the wattage so I dont get that. When I looked at the battery connection i lightly pulled on the amp power chord and that thing came right out it wasn't even fastened in there. I dont know much about car audio so I figured you guys might be able to help, its greatly appreciated, thanks.

well if the sub is blowing every time you bang on it then its time to re-think things... if you pulled the power wire out just pull the fuse if its a direct from front battery wire connection (fuse most likely under hood) and then plug it back in, hook fuse up, tighten things down, and get a diff sub. Do you have the sub ported or sealed?

yeah I tightened it but now I have to get a different sub again and theirs no way im going back to the same shop, I think they should owe me something since its obvious its not the speakers fault. Its an enclosed sub with ports idk ported or sealed lol thats how much i know about this stuff. And I only played it on the normal level it only lasted about 30-45 mins.

if there are holes in the box, those are most likely ports... perhaps your box tuning was way too high, they set the subsonic filter wrong/not at all, and you ended up mashing the bottom of your coil against the motor //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif thats just my idea on that one... if its ported.

nonoono put the cable as you found it and return it to them showing what you've found...and try your luck again with the shop.you have money invested with them so do just let them get away with it.You paid for service so have them do their job.Talk to the manger or another installer maybe the installer you had has no clues what he's doing.good luck

**** it has a powered amp built in and an external amp is also being used? either I cant see things due to work filter or i'm just //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.