Sub hums randomly and often when I brake

Participant count
  • Participant list
It really sounds like a messed up wire or loose connection on the signal from the radio to the sub amp, to me. That’s the only thing that I’ve seen make a sub him like that is broken wires or loose connections somewhere. You may check your amp ground too and make sure that’s not loose.
It turns out that enclosure has built in high input so no need for an LOC. If redirecting remote and/or signal input does not fix it, I assume it will be a bad amp.

It turns out that enclosure has built in high input so no need for an LOC. If redirecting remote and/or signal input does not fix it, I assume it will be a bad amp.

By "redirecting remote and/or signal input", do you mean rewiring it to the OEM radio?

By "redirecting remote and/or signal input", do you mean rewiring it to the OEM radio?
It is not necessary to run it from the radio. If it was run to the fuse box, just tapping into a different fuse may solve the issue. If the cigarette lighter/front power outlet works only while the key is inserted, it will be a perfect candidate for the sub's remote wire(blue).

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...