Sub for use with CDT CL-61's

Participant count
  • Participant list

VTEC11
10+ year member

NJ
I know a lot of members on this forum have CDT speakers, even the CL series.

My question is, what subs are you guys using and how much power are you sending to them.

I currently am using the CL-61's with a PPI pcx-480. I have a polk EX10 II from my old car that i'm using off the back two channels of the PPI. However its rated at only 150watts RMS 4 ohms. I have to turn the gain down a lot on the amp so the sub won't blow. And at higher volumes it dosn't blend in good with the bass from the CDT's.

I am looking to replace it with another 10" probably. Something that will take around 300watts RMS since that's what my amp puts out. I was looking along the lines of a JL 10w3v2 or Infinity perfect 10. Am I on the right track? Anyone have any other suggestions. THe JL is kinda more than I wanted to spend.

thanks..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.