Sub for a ranger

MemphisLove.
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
PCB, Fl.
My friend has a ford ranger, regular cab. the box will probably be about 1.2 cubic feet and its ported. the amp is 140 rms. we were thinkin of puttin a memphis PR 12 back there. the box is already cut out for a 12 and everything. So anyone have any suggestions. willing to pay up to 150$ for the 12.

hmmm, i have a JL 1v2 in my extended cab rated at 150 rms at 100 rms right now and it sounds great, its about in the 110-120$ range, or he could get a kicker comp also rated at 150 rms for under 100 most of the time which i havent heard but read good reviews

Yes i would recomend a Kicker Comp for it, i also have a regular cab ranger, second set-up i installed on my ranger was one 12" comp and it sounded pretty nice.

later, em

If I were you I would go with a 10 or 12. Invert it between the seats and build a nice box. I dont know If you would have enough room to port a 12 tho.

My Current set-up as of now is a 1.65 ported box for one 10" l5 and it sounds so **** hard second to the best as the last set-up of 1 sealed and one ported sounded louder, but took too much space.

later

Trucks aren't super easy to get loud compared to other vehichle types.
this is very true. people forget that even though its a much smaller air space your trying to put bass in, normally your left with firing the subs directly at the backs of the seats....unless you have a larger than normal reg cab like me, which if i really wanted to, i could do 4 10" drivers downfiring which would be louder than the 2 12's aimed at the backs of the seats with the same amount of power, but oh well....

Yes that is so true, i have tried some of my subs on different cars that arent my ranger and they sound a little louder, but believe me when i had my 2 10" l5s on th eback they sounded real hard!! not it sounds pretty good as well but not as much as it did wen i had both subs hooked up.

later, em

Well the box was built by a car audio store that sells, kicker, planet audio, and rockford fosgate. the box is already built for a 12. Another store that stoped selling memphis like 2 weeks ago said that a 12" PR would fit behind the truck and get pretty **** loud. i have a memphis off the same power and it really suprises people when i tell them its only 1 12. We looked into comps and the kicker guy said that wouldnt be the best choice. and my friend ended up buyin a planet audio 12" M2 SVC and it really didnt impress me or him at all. So now he is really leading towards a Memphis PR like mine but im just makin sure there isnt other things out there that i have over looked.

Get A Pioneer ShallowMount, i wanted to get 2 or maybe 3 of them soon, but i still need to do some other projects, and then ill do it, check em out, bu ti dont know if the amp would give its right power but i think it would sound good.

later,em

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.