Sub control help please!!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

randomwalk101
10+ year member

I have a sub mod (RMB8) with an aftermarket amp and using stock HU (2002 Acura TL). The problem is the stock head unit doesn't have the BASS control for the sub only. Some musics, the bass is too much. I want to tone the RMB8 down with certain musics and bring it back up with certain ones. If I use the bass control on the stock HU, it will bring down ALL bass (ei., all the bass in the door's speakers). Is there any simple device I can get installed to control only the REAR SUB? I'm thinking something that can attach to that aftermarket amp and control only that amp or that RMB8 that is being powered by that amp and leave the door speakers alone?? This device can have a remote or even a wire/knob that I can run to the front and velcro'ed somewhere that I can turn up or down the rear bass.... //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif BTW, I don' t want to add another aftermarket EQ cuz then i have to add another amp etc..too much money. Just want a simple sub control mod (if possible).

Thanks for the help guys. BTW, the amp I am using to power that RMB8 is Alpine V12 2 chanels 340watts bridged. Not sure the model...i think it's something like MRV-T340 ??

Originally posted by maylar You can add an external volume control inline with the RCA's feeding your sub amp. I bought one at the local Tweeter store.
Dave (maylar),

What's the model # ?? How much did u pay for it? Man, this could the be answer to my long problem....I was thinking of the AudioControl Three.1 EQ ($250 plus s/h)....too much... but very good EQ. But if this little piece is cheap and will do the job, i'm all game!!! Let me know ASAP please!!!

email -> randomwalk101@yahoo.com

arghhh..nothing is more frustrating then to sit and wait for answer.....

So i swung by 5 audio places today (Circuit city, AutoToys, MobilOne, Best Buy and Tweeter)...Only place has it is Tweeter. At first, the guy said nope..don't have it....so i told him a friend bought one from here...so he ran back and found one for me..last one he has. Looked like it has been used and reboxed with some scapes on it. It listed $17 and he gave me $5 discount = $12 !!! Maylar, you mentioned in another thread that you bought it for $30 ??? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif Anyways, plugged it in and it works perfectly... I'm tempted to get another one just for back up //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/cool.gif.3bcaf8f141236c00f8044d07150e34f7.gif ... Nahhhhhh....

Cool, dood. Glad you found what you're looking for.

As a side note, I've had some trouble with my install because of the volume control. My setup was to run 2 sets of RCA cables from the rear channels of the head unit. One set had the volume control (for subs) the other didn't (for rear speakers). With that arrangement, I had a ton of alternator whine comming out... the FRONT speakers. Dunno what the issue was, ground loops maybe. But after disconnecting the 2nd set of rear RCA's it went away. Think I'm gonna reconfigure things and use the remote bass knob that came with my RF amp instead. Good luck with yours.

I have separate amps. The one need remote control is an amp that is dedicated for sub only. No noise after install..everything works great...can't beat a few bucks for the mod //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif Thx maylar.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.