radio install

I'm not sure about wiring a deck without factory wiring, but I'd assume a power wire from the deck to the + terminal on your battery, and the ground wire to some bare metal, just like installing an amp... you'll need both cables the same gauge, and your fuse will be on your power wire, as close as possible (no more than 18" from the battery).

Good luck...

I'm not really sure how a deck connected to factory wiring overcomes this problem... I couldn't really tell you. =) Never really seen someone try to put a system in a vehicle that never had even a radio in it. =)

Originally posted by bronco2323 ya thats some hard ****
Not really...

Just find an empty terminal in your fuse box that turns on and off with the ignition. If you can't find one you can tap into something else that powers up with the ignition. If you still can't, then connect it to your battery with a switch. Your yellow will be your constant power wire, the red your "switched" (or ignition) wire, and the black is your ground.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.