Sub connections....

Participant count
  • Participant list

darita
10+ year member

At the risk of sounding really stupid, I have to ask...

I just got a dual sub enclosure for 2 JL 10w6v2.

Here's a pic of the wires and connectors for each speaker.

[

Here's a pic of the terminal plate.

Do I just use the heavy guage pair of wires to connect to each speaker and forget about the others? What are others there for? What the other little round connector on the terminal plate for?

While I'm sounding stupid, should I just use black, pan head wood screws to mount the speakers?

You can run the positive wire from the connector to the positve terminal on your amp, and do the same with the negative terminal. However, your real concern is how the subs are wired within the box. What kind of amp are you using, and what ohm is it stable to? If you have dual four ohm subs that are wired in parallel (+ to + and - to -), you will be 1ohm at the amp. I would suggest that you look at some wiring configurations and compare them to your set up to see what would be ideal. Rockford Fosgate's website has a woofer wiring wiziard which is very simple and easy to understand. As for the mounting of the subs in the box, if they didn't come with any mounting screws, you can simply use wood screws. Just make sure that you use the appropriate size, so you get a good solid fit and have them properly secured.

Sounds more complicated than I thought it would be. I thought the 2 clear insulated, large guage wires would go directly to the speaker. I thought, maybe the other two pairs were alternative connections to the speaker.

I just want to clarify that I'm asking about the speaker connections inside the box, from speaker to box connectors, not from speaker to amp.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.