sub choice on oldies / old skool music

Participant count
  • Participant list
So I'll be putting an epicenter in my weekend cruiser so I can get some bass out of those type of songs, but as for subs idk which would be better to go with.. I can get ahold of some SA 10s 12s and an X8 pretty easy so I'm leaning towards those. I've never used an epicenter so would it matter much if I went with the SA or X??

Sa 12s, lots of power, sealed box, proper amp setting and you shouldnt need any epicenters
Or an SA 10 in a T Line enclosure if you want something efficient without needing a lot of power.

But oldies don't have bass in the songs right, so how would they come out??

I seen a tline box on Facebook I think csc stang built it I was thinking of hitting him up see if he still has it.. but idk if that box would fit

But oldies don't have bass in the songs right, so how would they come out??I seen a tline box on Facebook I think csc stang built it I was thinking of hitting him up see if he still has it.. but idk if that box would fit
Its because you need a different amp setting. They have bass in the -10 to -15 db levels. If you set your gain for normal music, they usually in the -5 db levels. This is all improper box and system setting issues. An epicenter is basically going to your EQ and bumping up the 50hz knob, pretty **** useless and it causes way more problems then it will solve as in blown woofers and amps or system noise.

Definitely see if you can get that t line in, test it out with the image dynamics ID Q he has to see how it sounds like

Its because you need a different amp setting. They have bass in the -10 to -15 db levels. If you set your gain for normal music, they usually in the -5 db levels. This is all improper box and system setting issues. An epicenter is basically going to your EQ and bumping up the 50hz knob, pretty **** useless and it causes way more problems then it will solve as in blown woofers and amps or system noise.
Definitely see if you can get that t line in, test it out with the image dynamics ID Q he has to see how it sounds like
So if i have a decent amp like a sundown I could go without an epicenter and still hit the bass notes oldies have??

Yeah as soon as I tear apart the trunk I'll see if I can fit that box in there and if I can I'll hot him up ASAP

So if i have a decent amp like a sundown I could go without an epicenter and still hit the bass notes oldies have??Yeah as soon as I tear apart the trunk I'll see if I can fit that box in there and if I can I'll hot him up ASAP
Any amp to be honest, its more in the box and system tune. When you pick up from cscstang, have him setup your system and have your oldies prepared along with some new bass heavy stuff you listen to so you know what settings would be needed for which genre.

For example, i have my gain a bit higer and my sub level down to the negatives when i play hip hop or dubstep, however when i play rock, metal, i need to raise it to +6 sub level on the head unit. I need to set it differently for every song/genre for maximum output along with keeping my subs safe. This is called active gain setting.

When you have it at onesetting and never change it, thats passive gain setting which either pigeonholes your output with songs that have weak levels of bass in the recording or blows your stuff when you play something with extra high amounts of bass in the recording.

But oldies don't have bass in the songs right, so how would they come out??I seen a tline box on Facebook I think csc stang built it I was thinking of hitting him up see if he still has it.. but idk if that box would fit
Yeah I still have it for sale.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.