Stay with Wall or back to box

Mazdafi
10+ year member

I was wondering what you guys think of what i should do. I have 2 Bl 18's in a wall tunned to 35hz. My best numbers with this setup has been 147.4 I'm thinking of going back to just a box and removing the wall.

This is what i have.

DSC_0274.jpg

Can you fit 2-18s in a regular box? That score is pretty good if it's sealed up. I have a reg cab truck, which is pretty much what yours is after the wall, and it ***** sealed up. Did you ever meter it in the kick?

I would like to stay with this wall if possible, but I'm not sure what I would need to do to it.. This is a old build pic so you guys can see a better pic of the port area.. I know it's ugly and ruff as hell..

DSC_0105.jpg

Not sure if you can fit it but try one sub on top of the other on the passenger side and port on the drivers side that is the entire height of the box. But if those numbers are sealed up they aren't bad, trucks don't do too well sealed up.

I have thought of changing subs, but still use the same wall. I want to use either 2 Fi btls or 2 Ia Death Penalty.. I know I would get the alt. upgrade before any sub changes.

If I was to retune the wall, what do you think would be a good tunning level? I want to somehow make it with a removeable port. Daily would be around 30 to 32 and for spl i was thinking around 40 to 45.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.