starting my 1st sound system build- need assistance plz

i can agree with the sundown e10's and the american bass tnt 10's. i just put two e8's in my buddys cobalt in a 1.1 cubic foot box tuned to 35 hertz and he gets steering wheel flex and everything. and my girlfriend has an american bass tnt 12 in a 2 cubic foot box tuned to 40 hertz and it gets loud and can still hit the lows pretty decent for how high the box is tuned. you cant go wrong either way.

i would do two ssa dcon 12 d4 and an ia 5.1 the amp is rated for 450 at 1 ohm but has been clamped in the 6-700w range and its small throw in a custom box tuned around 32hz and you will be happy as well as decently loud
this adds up to right over 500 minus the box but i have installed this a few times in various cars and its made me happy customers every time
i would run this set up over everything that has been mentioned so far. great little system.

how would that amp you were talking about work? it is only 600 watts rms and the sundowns are 400 a piece
Because it's underrated, it'll be plenty of power. Unless you're willing to pay the extra hundred bucks for the AQ1200, then go for it.

And get D4 if you get a pair. I still suggest 10". It'll make the enclosure a lot cheaper too.

what i was thinking as well. I dont want a blown amp/overheated amp. So that combo would be a sufficient and great sounding?
Yes.

so looks like im going with the dual sundown e series 10 inchers with the aq1200 amp. Now, is it pretty easy to hook that up correctly?

Also, what gauge wire kit do I need and which brand is reccomended?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.