starting my 1st sound system build- need assistance plz

cobaltitaliano
10+ year member

WI
All right for all the audio experts on here, I am starting to piece together and build a sound system for my 07 cobalt coupe. As of now I have a kenwood double din, rockford fosgate 6.5 round front speakers, and rockford 6x9 rear speakers.

Looking to get a dual 12 subwoofer setup. Trying to figure out best bang for the buck, as well as deep bass.

I do not want a complete overpowering system that the "gangsta" kids have that u can here from a mile away, but just want a decent thumping system that turns heads.

A friend of mine has a 2000 watt system setup right now and its a bit too much for me so im probably looking into a 800-1200 watt setup preferably but definitley open to options thru the experts on here.

I want the subs to fit nicely in the trunk without it looking like a misplaced box in the back. Looking for something that fits nice and looks nice, plexiglass over the subs or amp if need be. Obviosly a good setup that allows me to get to the tail lights and battery still. Just looking for help, suggestions, reviews, anything lol

So any help would be great.

thanks for the reply. any reccomendations for a specific amp/subs?

As you can tell I am a rockford fosgate fan. I also heard good things about pioneer and kenwood. Just looking for best bang for the buck

thanks for the reply. any reccomendations for a specific amp/subs?
As you can tell I am a rockford fosgate fan. I also heard good things about pioneer and kenwood. Just looking for best bang for the buck
I've got two SA12's for 300$, they get very loud and low especially in the right box. They sell for around 200$ each new. Rated at 600 watts each.

kind of looking at something that doesnt have blue in it. Would prefer black, red, white. lol. Kind of want to tie it into my basic car theme as black and red if possible.

I would say that you can get the DC subs with the Red logo but the red won't match your paint (as far as i know). I would agree with a single 12 on 1000 watts to keep the box a little smaller and easier to handle. You can still get plenty loud with a single 12 ported.

thanks for the help but those are far from my price range lol. Looking to spend around $500 for the entire system Just something nice and decent, nothing to fancy.

found these:

1500W RMS ONYX Series Class D Monoblock Amplifier (ONX-1.1500D)

NEW AUDIOPIPE APSM1500 1500W CLASS D CAR AUDIO AMPLIFIER AMP 1500 WATT APSM-1500

Not sure how good they are?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.