SQ Sub route need some advice!!

try blocking that port off and see you like the sound of the woofer when it's sealed. Just get a piece of wood and put it in there or even fill the port with a couple of towels to block its output Your current box if anything looks like it should be fairly smooth, if a bit bottom heavy, but if you have alot of cabin gain it could be a bit boomy.. What vehicle is this in and which way is the box facing? You may just have too much lowend output.

bumping this back up for more advice.

ive been basically set on the ho's but any one elses input on the matter of sq setup?

so what should i do,

2x 10in dayton ho's

2x 10in dc level 2/3

1x 12in ssa icon

2x 10in idq

or any other options im missing out of?

i am buying a lightning audio s1.1000.1d which will give me 1200rms@2ohms

bumping this back up for more advice.
ive been basically set on the ho's but any one elses input on the matter of sq setup?

so what should i do,

2x 10in dayton ho's

2x 10in dc level 2/3

1x 12in ssa icon

2x 10in idq

or any other options im missing out of?

i am buying a lightning audio s1.1000.1d which will give me 1200rms@2ohms
of those for SQ, I'd go: Dayton > IDQ > SSA > DC

you could also consider 2 Dayton HO 12s if you have 1200wrms

of those for SQ, I'd go: Dayton > IDQ > SSA > DCyou could also consider 2 Dayton HO 12s if you have 1200wrms
dont really need the 2 12's prolly, too much trunk space taken up then :/ thanks for the input!!

why sealed?
What are your max dimensions you have to work with? Mine are ported and the box is still super small. (actually might be looking to sell the subs and box BTW)
better sq, i will be putting it in a tc like you, the newer ones, i dont have it yet so cant measure. why you selling already?

Sealed doesn't mean better SQ in all cases. You can get good SQ with ported boxes. I'll have to check again but I think the new tCs have more space than mine and thats more than enough room for 2 Dayton HO 10s ported.

I'm selling because I like trying new stuff and I want to try some new subs. Willing to sacrifice some of my SQ to try something louder.

yeah i was looking at some of the graphs on win isd and the ported had a more even response until below the 30 hz, but you dont really get below 30hz that often. i dont know, i may build one of both but i have to find designs. you only ran them on 400 rms didnt you? what are you thinking about getting, if you really want to sell i may buy, but only if its less than buying new ones.

Like you said, you don't go below 30hz often and you also have to consider cabin gain when you get that low too. Mine get very low.

Heres a couple vids of em playing kinda loud and these aren't really full tilt I can make some more vids for ya if you want with em playing some better bass tracks:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGMbUpZCbDo&context=C401b7b7ADvjVQa1PpcFN0v_hLbMqgfbz30m1QK8xn Z_bBXrv0zXc=

[video=youtube;Ho4AYy-VmVs]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ho4AYy-VmVs&context=C4284731ADvjVQa1PpcFN0v_hLbMqgfRc8n8peQslf IsMeyzZembk=

One of those vids sets off a car alarm that was a good bit away from me. The camera doesn't pick up the flex too well but on really low notes my hatch lifts up a good bit, those quarter panels go crazy and the sunroof looks like it wants to pop off, my headliner is officially a can of rattles.....and yes thats only on about 400wrms each. They are definitely pretty loud, in fact, with my current front stage, I run them at -4 on my HU. That's why Im upgrading my mids and highs before upgrading the subs.

what are yours tuned to? do you still have enclosure design for them? I cant wait to get my scion, but its heartbreak too, because i will have to dump more money into my system haha, since it has just 2 more speakers.

Mine are tuned to 29 or 30hz. I designed the enclosure myself...well with a little help from a local builder too. We never drew up a design but its pretty simple, I can shoot u the dimensions and all if you want.

I like the way the new tCs have that space in the door for an 8" woofer and mids and tweets. I'd LOVE to have that, or atleast the 8" woofer part....I think you'll find to be more sex than heartbreak lol. I know I would.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.