SQ Sub route need some advice!!

etm34
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
Kentucky
So im finally looking to get some sq subs and get rid of my ssa dcon, shes a beast but im in the trying mood. Im looking to do 2 10's in a sealed box and i have some ideas but would like some input on what to do and what some good sq subs would be for this setup.

Right now i am looking at two different options;

2 Dayton Audio Ho 10's

2 OZ matrix elites 10's D2

How are these options and what other routes should i think about, i am willing to put about $300 into the subs combined and will need to buy a new amp for the subs too so those reccomendations would be much welcomed too! Thanks for looking!

HU: Alpine CDA 9887

Front: Comps Memphis power reference 5 1/4

Rear: 3-way Memphis Power Reference 6x9

Stage Amp: Arc Audio kar 400.4

the oz woofers are very nice and grimy has some for sale here,dont know much about the dayton's but alot of guys here like them.as for amp really depends on power and budget.the dc amps are 90% efficient so they would be a great choice if you want big power.if you are looking for smaller power , lets say 1000 watts or less ,look at arc ,zapco ,or audison and even zed

I have been trying to decide on a single 12" SQ / SQL sub, myself.

A few of the ones I have been considering, that may be of some assistance to you:

JL Audio W3

RE ***

DC Level3

DD1510a

Skar VVX10

Dayton RSS265 HO

All are reasonably good for use in sealed enclosure, tho the EBP on the Dayton is notably higher than any of the others.

HTH

i'd go either dc or dayton ,not a big jl fan ,re isn't that good anymore,and skar i'm told is more spl than sql,and dd steel basket and i dont like the sound of dd woofers,personally .

do the HO's. There is so much more to sq then just sounding good. The ho excels at all of them.
what do the ho's do better?

haha that has to be my favorite quote, "do the HO's"

They don't localize easy. They blend well, and they don't distort very easy. I have pushed mine well into clipping and still didn't sound as bad as some spl subs I've owned.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.