SQ Sub route need some advice!!

What's a good amp to push those Dayton ho's at 2 ohm. I would say like around 1500rms at two ohms out of the amp would be perfect.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

And I mean a pretty good quality amp for less than 300 not crap though.

Used kicker zx1500 or old school Memphis ST1500.

iirc, @GVP has Boston GT28 thatll do an underrated 1200 @2 ohms to them bridged.

These are all the amps I am considering upgrading to from my current zx750 pushing my Daytons.

[quote name='etm34']What's a good amp to push those Dayton ho's at 2 ohm. I would say like around 1500rms at two ohms out of the amp would be perfect.

---------- Post added at 12:25 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:24 AM ----------

And I mean a pretty good quality amp for less than 300 not crap though.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='princ3cmo']Used kicker zx1500 or old school Memphis ST1500.

iirc, @GVP has Boston GT28 thatll do an underrated 1200 @2 ohms to them bridged.

These are all the amps I am considering upgrading to from my current zx750 pushing my Daytons.[/QUOTE]

any other advice ppl?

Honest advice? Keep what you have.. Nothing you mentioned is really going to be much of a change.. The daytons have pretty similar t/s to the subs you already own. They won't sound much different the DCON's do very well sealed for SQ in a car do to their frequency response in smaller sized sealed enclosures.. What don't you like about the sound of your DCON's.. Until you figure that out everyone on here is just throwing out brands at a whim.. No real advice can be given without knowing what you don't like about your curent response. In my experience aboutu 40% of sound quality in a car is getting the correct frequency response.. Another 40% is getting rid of all the rattles and distortion they cause. The 15% is setting up proper phase and time alignment and making sure the mids can properly integrate.The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place. Nice thing about that is 40% nothing do to with what sub you run. The other 40% can be done with a variety of subs, but some are easier to fit the correct box in a car than others. 15% is about tuning properly.. The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place.

Well I want to put it in a sealed box but I'm fearing I will lose the same response I get from it now with the ported box, with punch, but I don't really mind losing some. That's why I was looking at just getting two 10's instead since 2 12's would seem like a little much. I also just feel like the dcon doesn't give that crisp bass besides a couple of frequencies. I'm still trying to learn everything so teach me what I need to know because I'm willing to learn everything.

Well I want to put it in a sealed box but I'm fearing I will lose the same response I get from it now with the ported box, with punch, but I don't really mind losing some. That's why I was looking at just getting two 10's instead since 2 12's would seem like a little much. I also just feel like the dcon doesn't give that crisp bass besides a couple of frequencies. I'm still trying to learn everything so teach me what I need to know because I'm willing to learn everything.
now when u say the bass is not crisp...what do u mean? does it sound kind of muddy? What frequency is the sub lowpassed?

Image Dynamics IDQ are the best sq sub I've heard in a Escalade. They were ported, but hit every note like a sealed box. I guess the idq, w6, fi q, and are out of your price range? Subs below are in your price range, but some will say not for sq. I like everything below better than the dayton and oz.

Ssa Dcon

Re se-x 10

Sundown E

Skar ivx

Boston g3

Mtx 7500

Pioneer ts-2502

Orion xtrpro

now when u say the bass is not crisp...what do u mean? does it sound kind of muddy? What frequency is the sub lowpassed?
i mean its crisp, but not when you get to the lower frequencies, it blends a little sometimes. i dont have my lowpass set up for the new focal amp i got, because it doesnt have a good lowpass setting on it, i used to have it set on 25/28ish.

i mean its crisp, but not when you get to the lower frequencies, it blends a little sometimes. i dont have my lowpass set up for the new focal amp i got, because it doesnt have a good lowpass setting on it, i used to have it set on 25/28ish.
The Low pass I'm referring to dictates how high your sub is allowed to play, should be on your sub amp or HU. I'm sure you didnt low pass your sub at 28hz. If you did, you'd have virtually no bass.

Honest advice? Keep what you have.. Nothing you mentioned is really going to be much of a change.. The daytons have pretty similar t/s to the subs you already own. They won't sound much different the DCON's do very well sealed for SQ in a car do to their frequency response in smaller sized sealed enclosures.. What don't you like about the sound of your DCON's.. Until you figure that out everyone on here is just throwing out brands at a whim.. No real advice can be given without knowing what you don't like about your curent response. In my experience aboutu 40% of sound quality in a car is getting the correct frequency response.. Another 40% is getting rid of all the rattles and distortion they cause. The 15% is setting up proper phase and time alignment and making sure the mids can properly integrate.The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place. Nice thing about that is 40% nothing do to with what sub you run. The other 40% can be done with a variety of subs, but some are easier to fit the correct box in a car than others. 15% is about tuning properly.. The last 5% is more about the distortion characteristics of the subwoofer itself, and they really aren't that noticeable until you get the first 95% in place.
face palm, the ho's sound completely different t/s tell you nothing about actual tonality.

The Low pass I'm referring to dictates how high your sub is allowed to play, should be on your sub amp or HU. I'm sure you didnt low pass your sub at 28hz. If you did, you'd have virtually no bass.
o gotcha i was thinking about the sub sonic settings, i had the low pass at 55 or 60.

Finality is. Byproduct of frequency response... T/S parameters dictate frequency response given a specific box. Speaking of a subs finality... Turn off your mids and highs and listen only to your sub... Subs dont have much of a tonal signature. The notes they play don't have enough overall content... Midbass is where a lot of your tonality in bass comes from.. like I said go listen to your sub by itself. Anyway the dcons work well sealed they'd be one of ky first as choices especially the 12s sealed. Just the right q to work well in a car.. sealing them with likely take away some of the 40hz boom it seems like your hearing and let them sound a lot more natural... What is your current net volume and tuning

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.