Speaker Selection Help

Participant count
  • Participant list

SWAT_MEDIC

Service Before Self
Hi,

I recently acquired a 2005 Ford Excursion and I'm in the middle of purchasing all the components for my stereo. Its a Diesel, so keep that in mind.

I have a Pioneer AVIC-8000NEX head unit and several amps laying around that I can push the door speakers and my sub(s) with. Amps include A/D/S PH15, Alpine 4ch (100x4) and Fosgate/Punch 4ch (500w).

I need a speaker suggestion without completely breaking the bank.

I've considered Alpine SPR-60c for the front and SPR 60s for the rear (2 sets) until I read a few reviews on them then decided against them. I lurked a few threads on here and I have owned before MB Quart Component speakers and liked them, so I guess they are in the running...

SO, a few suggestions please? I don't think I'm even going to hook up the third set of speakers in the far back passenger compartment.

So, I'm open to components in the front, though if someone can suggest a good set of coaxials I really don't want to fool with separate tweeter placement

Coaxials in the middle section

Subs - I have a set of Punch P3 10s in a box and also have a single Pioneer 12 in a box. I have two other boxes in the basements as well. A ported box for two 12s and a sealed box for two 12s. i also have two single boxes that will hold one 10 each, they are shallow - for the back of a pick up truck.

I am also open to suggestions on replacing/purchasing a new amp. Maybe a 5 channel. Trying to keep the budget for speakers and amp below $1000 to $1500.

I spend alot of time in my truck and I prefer clarity over decibels.

Suggestions?

Oh yeah, and two 1000 cca batteries and a 400amp alternator so power isn't an issue...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.