Speaker question?

So Im getting the PACAP4 when it comes out at the end of the month to de-eq the HU. Down the road I will buy a proper Eq like the TwK to pair with it.
So back to my original question - 6x9 component suggestions for front door and 6.5 one way speakers for the back? Recommendations?
Sounds like too much unnecessary stuff.

You can do a stealth install of a second headunit. A quality one. I see done on high end cars where you obviously wanna keep your stock stereo or cars where an aftermarket HU would look way out of place. Then you just play music through your factory stereo but it gets processed through your second audiophile stereo.

6x9 are for noobs. get some real speakers foo.

Sounds like too much unnecessary stuff.
You can do a stealth install of a second headunit. A quality one. I see done on high end cars where you obviously wanna keep your stock stereo or cars where an aftermarket HU would look way out of place. Then you just play music through your factory stereo but it gets processed through your second audiophile stereo.

6x9 are for noobs. get some real speakers foo.
I don't have 6x9's but I'd be interested why they're for noobs, particularly factoring that he asked for a Comp set. And if you justify that it's because they're easier to find then save your energy on responding at all.

A factory head unit processed through an aftermarket head unit. You realize you just defined basically a dsp except that he wants a preamp dsp for oem integration and not to be screwing around with a "hidden" one din. Your recommendation reeks of someone with too much time on their hands. Axxess dsp, The PAC module, Rockford dsr1....all will do this they just aren't out yet. Anyways you guys typically give great support but this thread was basically everyone down his **** about not going aftermarket yet he specifically cited that he didn't want to replace his factory headunit. It ain't like he has some ****** acdelco radio in a 1990 Cherokee either. Anyways, back to the purpose of my response...would it be performance wise more beneficial to get some wood 6x9 to 6.5 adapter baffles in this scenario if it's a driver only (not coaxial or 3 way)

So Im getting the PACAP4 when it comes out at the end of the month to de-eq the HU. Down the road I will buy a proper Eq like the TwK to pair with it.
So back to my original question - 6x9 component suggestions for front door and 6.5 one way speakers for the back? Recommendations?
PM me your email address. You'll need a bit more than just speakers.

I just don't understand people sometimes.....when something so simple, the heart of the system, that controls everything and it gets left out. 100-200 bucks for a new aftermarket HU with plentyful options is what I would do.
The first thing I did when starting my system install was replace all the stock 6x9 speakers (4) in my 2006 Grand Caravan with Alpine SPR-69's and it sounded a LOT better even with the cra pp y stock Chrysler HU!

John Kuthe...

The first thing I did when starting my system install was replace all the stock 6x9 speakers (4) in my 2006 Grand Caravan with Alpine SPR-69's and it sounded a LOT better even with the cra pp y stock Chrysler HU!
John Kuthe...
because grand caravan speakers are beyond cr@p because its junk car. Any other minivan like a sienna or Odyssey would have SQ matching the type RS unless you do the whole shebang. Yes i've rented out a 2006 grand caravan for a vegas trip once. Sound was garbage compared to every other factory setup.

find a used JBL MS-8 and you dont have to worry about any EQ or De-EQ, its does it all for you. Gives you 8 channels of RCA outputs and they are selling for around 300 used atm. It basically autotunes your whole setup to perfection.

because grand caravan speakers are beyond cr@p because its junk car. Any other minivan like a sienna or Odyssey would have SQ matching the type RS unless you do the whole shebang. Yes i've rented out a 2006 grand caravan for a vegas trip once. Sound was garbage compared to every other factory setup.
Yep, and I have the base model Grand Caravan too! Didn't even have 5.25" drivers atop the dash or Stow-n-Go seats in the 2nd row! But I had those problems fixed and baby II sounds pretty good now!

John Kuthe...

find a used JBL MS-8 and you dont have to worry about any EQ or De-EQ, its does it all for you. Gives you 8 channels of RCA outputs and they are selling for around 300 used atm. It basically autotunes your whole setup to perfection.
Too late! I bought and had installed an Alpine PXA-H800 DSP, a lot less user friendly, it basically does little FOR you!

John Kuthe...

I don't have 6x9's but I'd be interested why they're for noobs, particularly factoring that he asked for a Comp set. And if you justify that it's because they're easier to find then save your energy on responding at all.
A factory head unit processed through an aftermarket head unit. You realize you just defined basically a dsp except that he wants a preamp dsp for oem integration and not to be screwing around with a "hidden" one din. Your recommendation reeks of someone with too much time on their hands. Axxess dsp, The PAC module, Rockford dsr1....all will do this they just aren't out yet. Anyways you guys typically give great support but this thread was basically everyone down his **** about not going aftermarket yet he specifically cited that he didn't want to replace his factory headunit. It ain't like he has some ****** acdelco radio in a 1990 Cherokee either. Anyways, back to the purpose of my response...would it be performance wise more beneficial to get some wood 6x9 to 6.5 adapter baffles in this scenario if it's a driver only (not coaxial or 3 way)
not gonna prove anything to you buddy. everybody has their methods and techniques.

Didn't ask you to prove anything....buddy...I asked you to qualify your statement with the logic.
It's a well known fact 6x9s B L O W. They can't make good sound period. Have you ever seen a speaker stand at a concert or show with 6x9? They're a compromise between bass and mids, if it wasn't for them how would stock systems get any bass?? and how would alpine and the likes make money on people who wanted a "quick upgrade to somethign better"?

Look at prices vs what you get. $200 gets you a set of alpine 6x9s. or it gets you 4 professional grade loudspeakers. Choice is yours.

Any idea where to find one? Been looking for one since you posted this and haven't come across any

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.