Speaker Problems

Participant count
  • Participant list

tbasham

Okay so here is my situation. I replaced the 2 rear speakers in my Jeeps sound bar with Pioneer TS-A1675R and they sounded good on the stock head unit which i believe pumps out about 12 watts rms per channel. I then installed an Alpine Power pack KTP-445U.

Now the speakers sound very boomy (mainly the bass notes). The highs sound as expected just the bass sounds wierd and distorted, boomy/muddy, I am not sure how to describe it. I dont have the best seal so i ordered some rubber and am going to make a gasket so it is sealed properly in the sound bar.

I replaced one side of the front speakers with Pioneer TS-A1605C and have the same issue up front. The thing is up front, i left the stock speakers in before and after the install of the power pack and they sounded fine. For some reason when i switch to the pioneer speakers they dont sound good.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks everyone.

I have the amp in highpass filter mode already. I hear all the highs and mids just the bass sounds bad. Im hoping if i seal the spaekr better with a rubber gasket around the speaker and enclosure, the extra powerf rom the amp wont cause these issues.

After hearing really disappointing sound from Pioneer A-series 6x9s I don't look to Pioneer for entry level speakers anymore. I suspect it's the speakers that are the problem, but try to seal them better before replacing them.

Depending on the year of your Jeep, and I only say this because I own a dodge both made by same company, you might have a stock amp located behind the passenger side kick panel. I had the same issue with my truck, I had to turn the bass all the way down so i could listen to it, if you have one in the jeep, your probably gonna buy a by pass kit at any car audio place, that or try running your own set of speaker wires to each of your speakers. This is just from my experience. They might have only put the amps in the vehicles that came with the infinity sound system stock. When you replaced the head unit, did you have to hook up the remote wire to get any sound from speakers? if so you have the amp in there some where.

I got the problem fixed. Thanks for your guys input. I had the HPF off and the speakers were playing the low bass notes. I set the HPF to 80 Hz and they sound just like they should now. I have my sub set to 100 Hz. Once i get home from work today i am going to install all the speakers and my system will be complete. I do have a little noise I can not get rid of; i think since i have speaker level inputs into the powerpack, the amp is just amplifing the speaker sound and the noise that the stock HU creates. Thanks.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.