Soundqubed vs Hifonics ?

[quote name='Jeffdachef']@C1500martin ; if so, then prepare to upgrade your electricals LOL![/QUOTE]

They use primarily the same parts and the same board layout so efficiency should differ by a couple percentage points at most

The Hifonics is discontinued as far as I know though, and the new ones are a bit more expensive but still a good budget choice.

They use primarily the same parts and the same board layout so efficiency should differ by a couple percentage points at most
The Hifonics is discontinued as far as I know though, and the new ones are a bit more expensive but still a good budget choice.
in my direct swap, the AQ barely dropped, stayed above 13V on full tilt on idle , while my brx2400 will dip a lot lower. Still, I dont bump on idle so it doesn't affect me since i got my brxs for cheap. Wallet is happy and my bass needs are met and gear is still functioning perfectly fine after a year wired to half ohm nominal.

this not until someone does a DIRECT swap from amp to amp and meters it on music, burp, whatever the heck you want. NOT untill i see that and the SQ does more these 2 are almost the same. And i became a SQ nuthugger when i joined this forum never liked hifonics as everyone and there mother runs it here in LA but after seeing this i might just jump on the bandwagon becasue a 200w difference in clean power isnt worth $200 in my eyes.
I actually did between my brx and aq, all test were within 1 db. Majority of my test were done on music since I don't drive around listening to tones or burping. Even on tones it was still within one db. I still love SQ and my whole setup is SQ but I'm not going to be in denial and keep say there this huge difference between the two when I know there isn't. And my voltage didn't drop with either amp.

this not until someone does a DIRECT swap from amp to amp and meters it on music, burp, whatever the heck you want. NOT untill i see that and the SQ does more these 2 are almost the same. And i became a SQ nuthugger when i joined this forum never liked hifonics as everyone and there mother runs it here in LA but after seeing this i might just jump on the bandwagon becasue a 200w difference in clean power isnt worth $200 in my eyes.
Well hopefully someone around here does a DIRECT swap so everyone can satisfy the great c1500martin!

Guess he should have thrown a PPi bk1800.1 in the mix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif board layout looks the same so that's gotta mean it is the same! :p But I'd put money on it that the AQ 2200.1 does put more power out along with it being cleaner.

Try reading some clamps on steve meads boards.
Every reply you make, makes no sense at all.

Go back to SMD then. Hugger.

You keep sitting there saying SQ is high end and Hifonics is crap. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO ATTEMPT TO POINT OUT THEY ARE THE SAME! By repeating the same thing over and over you are doing nothing.

My worthless opinion:

You will not notice one single tiny bit of difference to the ear, your score on the TL will probably be within .5 DB with both amps, the only thing you will gain with the SQ is when people ask "what amp you got", you say SQ with your chest puffed out, instead of uh.... Well just a hifonics.... But I'm gonna upgrade (How most people answer).

I ran a BXI2608d when It came out in my budget car, I had it on a single 15" Atomic APXX with TI basket. I beat the amp to hell, dropped into the 11.2 volt range a lot, it bounced around in my trunk, had a single run of 1/0 cca, bad Rca's. It was what you think of when you think of what not to do with an amp... Well, it performed and survived and I sold it, that guy STILL USES IT TO THIS DAY, 7 years later!

So people, stop nuthugging, maybe the hifonics has better caps, maybe the SQ has more copper, I dunno. But if I had to buy one, it wouldn't be because of the name.

Every reply you make, makes no sense at all.Go back to SMD then. Hugger.

You keep sitting there saying SQ is high end and Hifonics is crap. THE ENTIRE POINT OF THIS THREAD IS TO ATTEMPT TO POINT OUT THEY ARE THE SAME! By repeating the same thing over and over you are doing nothing.

My worthless opinion:

You will not notice one single tiny bit of difference to the ear, your score on the TL will probably be within .5 DB with both amps, the only thing you will gain with the SQ is when people ask "what amp you got", you say SQ with your chest puffed out, instead of uh.... Well just a hifonics.... But I'm gonna upgrade (How most people answer).

I ran a BXI2608d when It came out in my budget car, I had it on a single 15" Atomic APXX with TI basket. I beat the amp to hell, dropped into the 11.2 volt range a lot, it bounced around in my trunk, had a single run of 1/0 cca, bad Rca's. It was what you think of when you think of what not to do with an amp... Well, it performed and survived and I sold it, that guy STILL USES IT TO THIS DAY, 7 years later!

So people, stop nuthugging, maybe the hifonics has better caps, maybe the SQ has more copper, I dunno. But if I had to buy one, it wouldn't be because of the name.
I wouldn't necessarily call them the same because in the real world the SQ edges it out in every category (except price), but if you're on a budget, is it really worth the extra money? Nope.

And I am completely curious on this one... Was Hifonics better or worse 7 years ago when you sold the amp? Or about the same. Purely curious.

I wouldn't necessarily call them the same because in the real world the SQ edges it out in every category (except price), but if you're on a budget, is it really worth the extra money? Nope.
And I am completely curious on this one... Was Hifonics better or worse 7 years ago when you sold the amp? Or about the same. Purely curious.

In the last test the hifonics did better I thought? Anyways, the 2608d performed just as good as day 1. He still uses it and it still sounds the same.

Guess he should have thrown a PPi bk1800.1 in the mix //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wacky.gif.cf4a48f9e6dfe9504ffd2c946fd2f340.gif board layout looks the same so that's gotta mean it is the same! :p But I'd put money on it that the AQ 2200.1 does put more power out along with it being cleaner.
Hey don't hate on the bk's lol

I think we see who the nut huggers are here lol. We all know hifonics has their place. If you don't have the funds or are super cheap sure go for it. If you can afford it why wouldn't you? Hell I got my SQ for $70 more than that hifonics really why wouldn't I have spent the extra $70? Hey if you wanna cheap out on components be my guest it's your gear that's gonna be substandard not mine lol.

I think we see who the nut huggers are here lol. We all know hifonics has their place. If you don't have the funds or are super cheap sure go for it. If you can afford it why wouldn't you? Hell I got my SQ for $70 more than that hifonics really why wouldn't I have spent the extra $70? Hey if you wanna cheap out on components be my guest it's your gear that's gonna be substandard not mine lol.
You talk like SQ is high end.

Budget or not....I just wouldn't pay any amount extra when the same amp can be gotten for a little less. Both have downfalls but both are decent amps. Id save my $200 and move on. Or id buy 2 for the price of one and swap it out if it ever died. Not every internet company is better than mainstream. My crescendo mezzo comps fell apart the second I opened the box. Had to file a pp claim to get my refund...im sure the next line of sq amps will be better, either amp is a solid choice

You talk like SQ is high end.
Facepalm_Black_Tile_7_1024x1024.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.