Soundqubed vs Hifonics ?

I got both my brx 2400s for 200$ and 210 shipped$ on craigslist and on this forum. They serve me well. I would never pay full retail of 270-280 for them though. There was an audible cleaner sound when i did a direct swap with an AQ 2200 back then. Less voltage drops too.
Yea, $270 on Sonic Electronix

I'm not really a fan of the Hifonics or SQ amp looks.

The soundqubed is too rounded for me.

I like blocky stuff:

Pure sex

M4_-_top_side.png

SAZ-5000D-001-27a99b0b94.jpg

Well people who want to be cheap or can't afford it can feel free to use Hifonics If you can afford it why not use the good stuff.
It was pointed out that Hifonics used some better components like capacitors. The guy did seem a little bias, but still. Not really sure SQ is "the good stuff" and Hifonics is cheap garbage stuff..

makes me want to take apart my audioque amps and check them out to see if they have the same components, hopefully I will get lucky and have older versions that are built better...... who knows, besides, the guy says he does a lot of tv repair, I guess electronics are electronics and there might not be much difference. also he talked about how many hours the caps would last, that is if it where being played and at that temp. 24/7, we are lucky if we get to listen to our systems 1 - 2 hrs a day if that, idk that's why I like to keep it simple, if I like the way it sounds then that's good for me.

It was pointed out that Hifonics used some better components like capacitors. The guy did seem a little bias, but still. Not really sure SQ is "the good stuff" and Hifonics is cheap garbage stuff..
And someone who repairs amps said the video was opinion and not fact.

the only opinions i saw were his capacitor and all that stuff but everything else was exactly identical and the numbers (which are the important part) were similar aswell. so biased and opinion based or not one cant help but to agree they are almost the same thing...

Ok, well I don't feel like there is a large gap between quality and performance of the two.

What evidence shows that the Soundqubed is way better than the "cheap" Hifonics that people can buy if they can't afford Soundqubed?

The price isn't that different anyways..

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.