Soundqubed hdc4 port help

If you're gonna power those to the max... say 4000+... this is port velocity at 4000 watts modeled in Winisd... close to 30 m/s is where it should be... this is in the current box you've come up with... 76 in2 of port area... lemme know if you want me to find the optimum port area... for 4000 watts...
dsEyIa.jpg

I'm just playing around and adding drivers to my database here... tryin' to help
Sure if you can find it that would be cool.

It's gonna make the port longer... over 40" is sketchy they say... can you find any more space?.. to keep the length down more volume would help... just a little... say 15" height and 20.875" depth?... I found one that comes close... it's not an easy combo... that's a lot of power... 31hz tuning

So how does this look51.5 width 14.5 tall 20.25 deep

Port is 13x5.875 by 41 long. Tuned to 30hz and port is 1.8 cubic foot.....hum?

Should be close to 4.5 after port and sub are taken out. .18 cubic foot displacement per sub. Think I rounded off to .40 for both.

Maybe I should add a lil more for 45's and bracing
I'd say you are better off with 6 inch in width for your port. HDC subs love port area.

zQvhDR.jpg

However Id say tune to 32hz, you are just shooting yourself in the foot trying to tune that low. This gives 5 cubic feet of airspace and you are gonna gain output overall

xWRs2B.jpg

I'd say you are better off with 6 inch in width for your port. HDC subs love port area.
zQvhDR.jpg

However Id say tune to 32hz, you are just shooting yourself in the foot trying to tune that low. This gives 5 cubic feet of airspace and you are gonna gain output overall

xWRs2B.jpg
Very true.

Here is what I'm talking about by a little more volume... the velocities are real close to 30 m/s... that's a lot of power... 7K amp... look at the port area I used

WdrBDK.jpg

lyC8IE.jpg

r6cj4B.jpg

zosXqH.jpg

83IjcB.jpg

4vOZlU.jpg

That port area is close ... one HUGE box too...

Here is what I'm talking about by a little more volume... the velocities are real close to 30 m/s... that's a lot of power... 7K amp... look at the port area I used

That port area is close ... one HUGE box too...
he's not gonna get that much unless he's running half ohm, he'll see less than 4000 at 1 ohm especially if the box has that much airspace. Bigger boxes usually have more rise. 3000 is a more realistic number.

he's not gonna get that much unless he's running half ohm, he'll see less than 4000 at 1 ohm especially if the box has that much airspace. Bigger boxes usually have more rise.
You're the man!.. I'm just saying if he actually manages to power those with 4K plus... fantasy i'm sure... but hey

Ok I'm getting some of this.

So tune port at 32hz is better?

Think I'm taking out rear seat in my 08 z71 ext cab so the space isn't a problem.

I got dual 1ohm coils on subs so it's 1ohm or ......guess a 1/4 ohm lol. Maybe not, don't want to smoke the amp right from the beginning.

Dual 1ohm raises to 2ohms per sub then drops to 1ohm (jump + and - together on each sub) or positive positive, negative negative for huge drop to 1/4 ohm?

Ok I'm getting some of this. So tune port at 32hz is better?

Think I'm taking out rear seat in my 08 z71 ext cab so the space isn't a problem.

I got dual 1ohm coils on subs so it's 1ohm or ......guess a 1/4 ohm lol. Maybe not, don't want to smoke the amp right from the beginning.

Dual 1ohm raises to 2ohms per sub then drops to 1ohm (jump + and - together on each sub) or positive positive, negative negative for huge drop to 1/4 ohm?
i would not advise 1/4 ohm man.

I didn't really want to run .5 ohm so that's why I got 1ohm coils.........thought of running .25 ohm never crossed my mind.

So what's the best box to get the most of what I have on 1ohm? And the most out of the lows?

I've ran sealed boxes most my life. Besides the mtx 12 9500 in a factory box, the 4-15's in a ported box and the 4 sundown 8's in ported.

I didn't build any of those ported boxes. I did make a 2.5 box ported at 34hz for a cheap sub a few weeks ago and it does good for what it is. Quantum 3000 watt 12. More like 500-600 watt sub I think.

If this was a sealed box I would have this as I built more sealed boxes than I can remember.

Glad I posted in here because it looks like I can use all the help I can get with a ported box.

Thought it would be cool to hit some lows.32hz is 34 inch port, 35hz is 27 inch port.

I don't have a problem fitting any of the ports, what you think would sound best?

I'm not really going for all out spl or I would be tunning higher
Unless you ONLY listen to slowed music or test tones I wouldn't go much lower than 35. You should be able to play down 5-6 cycles below tuning well enough.

Guess I'll let the break in start.

Got 1k on both at 1ohm and it's not really moving the subs much but.....omg it's killing the lows.

Not sure if I can take the 7k amp on this setup.

500 watts per sub isn't much and it's already louder than what I'm used to anymore.

Got a clipping light on the dd amp and remote.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.