Soundqubed hdc4 port help

he's not gonna get that much unless he's running half ohm, he'll see less than 4000 at 1 ohm especially if the box has that much airspace. Bigger boxes usually have more rise. 3000 is a more realistic number.
On that 32hz tuned box you shown design, what is the decibel bump on that box at 32hz?

Might be because I haven't hooked up the wires to run the 7k yet, but at 1000 watts listening when ever a 28-35hz tone plays its about 4x as loud.

On that 32hz tuned box you shown design, what is the decibel bump on that box at 32hz?Might be because I haven't hooked up the wires to run the 7k yet, but at 1000 watts listening when ever a 28-35hz tone plays its about 4x as loud.
That's a ported low tuned box for ya'... with those subs in a 4.5ftish tuned to 32hz that's where they'll sub hard... it's about 3-4db up at 32 if I remember... those low notes are deceptive... they

sound really loud without hitting the numbers you'd expect.. I was at 147 at 35hz and it sounded like 150 to anyone who sat in it

On that 32hz tuned box you shown design, what is the decibel bump on that box at 32hz?Might be because I haven't hooked up the wires to run the 7k yet, but at 1000 watts listening when ever a 28-35hz tone plays its about 4x as loud.
its from the extra airspace and port area giving you a quite bit more efficiency at tuning. The setup should come alive bandwidth wise with more power since the box was designed for a lot more power than 1k air velocity wise and it should hair trick with the 7k on playing some 25-30hz notes.. but yeah its geared for lows aka decaf and rebassed. How is your sub and port orientation/loading looking like?

subs and port are on same side, port behind driver's seat and subs on other side.

Subs/port are aimed up for now till I take out rear seat. Might aim them forward later.

I tried to keep port out of the way and put both subs at the other end of box, air definitely hits the box wall before going out port.

1 of the batteries gets in tomorrow...........when I get the northstar 480 I'll run wires and hook up 7k.

But the 480 is the batt I'll have to wait on.

Box configured like this?.. subs and port on the baffle?.. in a truck ... correct?

3eTf245.jpg

subs and port are on same side, port behind driver's seat and subs on other side.Subs/port are aimed up for now till I take out rear seat. Might aim them forward later.

I tried to keep port out of the way and put both subs at the other end of box, air definitely hits the box wall before going out port.

1 of the batteries gets in tomorrow...........when I get the northstar 480 I'll run wires and hook up 7k.

But the 480 is the batt I'll have to wait on.
might run into some loading and phase issues if the port is not close enough to the roof. Port behind driver side only if you plan on competing and demo'ing to people. Otherwise if its just for you, port on the passenger side will be louder for you.

Sounds like an idea TkP. I've just learned a little about slot ports, guess wouldn't be bad to learn about round ports.

What's the pro's of a round port besides less space?

Got a lot to do, sound mat cab, doors, run a bunch of 2/0 ofc, install door speakers, and new bigger wires, amp doors.

Guy at audio shop will make double 6.5 door pods....so 1 thing I get out of.

I'll take out backseat, make a false floor, install batteries, do big 3 and put new alt in.

Still have to buy dual alt bracket and fuses.

After all that I may give a 2nd try at box. Shorter port/ports might make for a box that loads better, or a wrapped slot port

Anyone have a dual alt bracket for an 08 5.3 Chevy/gmc sitting around that they need to turn into cash? I kinda like the dcpower one.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.