• Participant list

iLL Ridge
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
NC
Frankenstein this sum *****.

A single 10 on 1400 watts or so.

Wonder what it'd sound like?

I can adjust second chamber volume and ports in both chambers.

Maybe fun to experiment with it.

The top port is the low end tuning (high pass), feeding the chamber with the output ports. Those are the high end (low pass)/total product ports. Viola.. bandpass.

Without sophisticated modeling, gonna be hard to get that right.

Same as seen here, just with two ports to the outside. Same difference.

6obp2.gif

I see what was mentioned about the placements of the ports.

The outer shell is actually the forward 1/2 of my trunk.

Output ports are through the armrest.

I can make the inner box taller to come all the way to the lid.

I can't change where the output port mount location is.

I can change port dimensions.

I think the airflow may be ok though.. Or at least not a big deal.

I would stay away from a series 6th order altogether if you value musicality. The group delay is horrible. It's good for output and not much else.

Hmm. good input.

My goal is to get lows into the cabin.

I'm willing to sacrifice spl and a little SQ in exchange for lows.

My trunk cancels out lows with the doors closed and windows up.

You need an old school 4th order with a medium sealed rear chamber and a large vented front chamber with a large and long vent, like 6-8 inches in diameter. Remember the old 90's JL Audio bandpass enclosures? Obscene amounts of low frequency output with very little required input power. Different drivers for sure, but the concept is unchanged. Simply mate that up to your ski pass and call it a day.

4th order is what I would do.... but the XFL i have doesn't like sealed.

I have an eclipse also, but idk how it would do sealed and it can't take the power the XFL can.

They both get low and loud in 1.2 cubes ported to 32.

but the XFL i have doesn't like sealed.
Specs would suggest otherwise. I know sealed is a naughty word on this site but it would do just fine in anything under a cube. Vas is only 14 liters (roughly half a cube) because the suspension is stiff but it has a decent moving mass figure to go with that. BL isn't all that impressive (actually bad for driving a vent) but the Qes/Qts looks okay so I wouldn't worry about it. It's a decent sub.
XFL1022

Yeah I've tried the xfl sealed and it lost a TON of output especially around 40-50 hz if i remember right

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.