Sound Deadening a f250 and Peel and seal?

Scar13
10+ year member

Dallas
There used to be some some Sound deadening called Peel and Seal you could get a home depot.

Latley I am hearind that Asphault deadeners arent any good any more??

I used it in my old jeep seemed to work ok, but anyone got any opinions?

I have a rattle in my truck door I want to Keel.

Eh stay away from peel and seel asphalt based. I used it also,trying to be cheap, and i went back and looked during the winter, I noticed that it wasn't sticking against the back wall of my truck and in the summer i looked to see how it held up and it was really gooey. I say go for the best and get the dynamat extreme(butyl based) or second skin butyl based material. Do it once and be done with it and don't second guess your decision.

Am I reading that right 60Feet for 119$? For raamat?
You're reading that correctly.

Hell of a bargain for the quality of product you're getting - it won't bubble or fail under high temperatures and is very easy to apply.

And I'm actually agreeing with Tobias (scary! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/tongue.gif.6130eb82179565f6db8d26d6001dcd24.gif ) on the SS recommendation, but it'll be out of your budget if you think RAAMmat is too pricey //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif On par with the cost of Dynamat Xtreme.

i just ordered a roll of raammat bxt and 6 yards of ensolite a couple days ago. should have it by this weekend. (my weekends start on wednesday lol) i already have 30 sq ft of edead, so i think i've got enough or almost enough to do my whole car. the guy from raamaudio said if i needed more, they'd ship me however much i needed at the same rate they sell rolls. also sent me a free bottle of adhesive, hell of a nice guy.

have a nice digital camera now so plenty of install pics coming //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/naughty.gif.94359f346c0f1259df8038d60b41863e.gif

not to mention pics of teh meanness....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.