sound deadener heat resistance

What deadner you talking about?? And i'm assuming you got a line-x or rhino liner ( spray on )

im thinking about getting secondskin, how should i prep before i start applying it on the bedliner thats already applied on my deck lid and the bottom of the trunk. Actually i used like this brand from walmart called something like Hurcules or something

Specs are in the link above.... and trust me man we use this on rubber , shingled, metal and hot roofs .... Ur trunk lid will be fine:)

The temp on most roofs is around 40% higher that the ground so if its 100 on the ground its 140 on the roof .. and thats just base temp... Not being under the shigles metal, etc
Since when were roofs vertical //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

pretty sure thats what we use alot on like dead pans on roofs, ice and water shield.

Its alot different from ice and water .. Obviously non granulated, thicker membrane, and the adhesion is'nt even close to the protectowrap.. Although they do take about the same amout of weathered punishment

im thinking about getting secondskin, how should i prep before i start applying it on the bedliner thats already applied on my deck lid and the bottom of the trunk. Actually i used like this brand from walmart called something like Hurcules or something

Second skin from what i hear is a great product.. Never used it so i cant tell you much.. AS for the bedliner issue, are you asking if deadner will stick to a sprayon liner ??

It is great stuff.I have about 25sqft of it in my garage, it does on like butter.

No heat is needed or required

What the edamp pro?? 80 mils?.. If so i'd like so see a shodown with " The Wrap" as we'll call it for now.. i honestly dont see how the wrap ( protecto wrap) is any dif from a dyno xtreme mat.. I ve compared to 2 by hand not in car situations... They look the same.. there almost the same thickness , they adhear the same and the wrap has a better heat rating.. I cant wait to try it out.. Just hope it's not a disappointment

Specs are in the link above.... and trust me man we use this on rubber , shingled, metal and hot roofs .... Ur trunk lid will be fine:)

The temp on most roofs is around 40% higher that the ground so if its 100 on the ground its 140 on the roof .. and thats just base temp... Not being under the shigles metal, etc

not to sound like a hater, but im just skeptical

if its 110 in the air , its gonna be more on the ground, and you say itll be 40% higher on a metal roof or black metal door skin of a vehicle. it sounds liek to me i maybe getting dangerously close to the average 160 degree farenheit heat resistance of an asphault based dampener. but thats of course just with my guesstimation

im going to need it to withstand some extreme heat, ya know, i just wanna be sure

edamp pro ?

Sorry i was thinking SS and eD.. I meant the Damplifier pro from second skin.. I think this is what you were refering too.??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

not to sound like a hater, but im just skeptical
if its 110 in the air , its gonna be more on the ground, and you say itll be 40% higher on a metal roof or black metal door skin of a vehicle. it sounds liek to me i maybe getting dangerously close to the average 160 degree farenheit heat resistance of an asphault based dampener. but thats of course just with my guesstimation

im going to need it to withstand some extreme heat, ya know, i just wanna be sure

I was using that as an example.. protecto wrap is going to withstand much MUCH more heat on a roof than your trunk , lid, etc will ever produce

I was using that as an example.. protecto wrap is going to withstand much MUCH more heat on a roof than your trunk , lid, etc will ever produce
understood

thanks!//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Sorry i was thinking SS and eD.. I meant the Damplifier pro from second skin.. I think this is what you were refering too.??//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
Not shure, i just have the regular damilifier

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.