Sound for a school bus

Participant count
  • Participant list

Tommywass

CarAudio.com Newbie
Denver
Hey everybody. I have an old school bus that I'm converting into an RV and I'm having a tough time figuring out how to accomplish what I want to do for the sound system. I called Crutchfield and I wasn't too clear on what they were advising me to do.
Here's what I'd like to do. I want four, probably 6.5", speakers on the inside and two speakers on the outside of the bus. I'd like to be able to have any combination of the interior four speaker group and exterior two speaker group on or off at any given time. So the control I'd like to have is to have:
-interior 4 on/exterior 2 off
-interior 4 off/exterior 2 on
interior 4 on/exterior 2 on
I'm trying to figure out the best way to accomplish this in a user friendly and cost effective way.
Any ideas/suggestions would be 👍 appreciated! Thanks!

4 coaxials, 2 indoor/outdoor speakers (or marine rated coaxials in their own enclosures), two amplifiers and a manual 12v toggle remote turn on for the amplifiers would work.

Subwoofer(s)?

What's the budget?

Last edited:
Marine speakers would be Ideal as stated and Coax. Polks would work very well.

First choice of mine would be

2nd choice would be

6x9 s would be really nice, especially if you have room inside and outside.. IMO of course

Amp for 6.5s

Or even?

Amp for 6x9s

A single ported 12 would be great on sub stage. a single 15 be nice for sure. but a single 12 will serve very nicely on a little bit of power. These are already Tuned and read to go. Just need a little power.

Amps that will serve its purpose for the $coin for this sub.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...