sound deadener heat resistance

PowerdByGuiness
10+ year member

reg cabs have sound too
SoCal
yes ive used the search feature, checked out the sticky, and went on http://sounddeadenershowdown.com

id like to hear some opinions of people whove gone down the road of deadening, and live in high temperature climates (ex, the south in the summer)

im either undertaking a high dollar or low dollar approach . . either RAAMMAT or peel n seal / fatmat

i do understand the differences between RAAMMAT's butyl sandwiching the asphault and peel n seal's asphault composition. i dont mind sticking two layers of p&S to get RAAMMAT results

however, id like to know about yall's experience regarding heat resistance. sound deadener showdown has tested P&S/fatmat to show failure 160 degrees . . . i have a black truck and will be parking outside in texas for the summer. i may even have deadener directly on the door skin for maximum dampening . . should i take the chance of this liquefying into asphault goo or do i have nothing to worry about?

It probably wont ever get 160deg in your truck, maybe 130ish

The spray on stuff wont fall off ever

The peel and seal will come off no doubt, its junk

It probably wont ever get 160deg in your truck, maybe 130ishThe spray on stuff wont fall off ever

The peel and seal will come off no doubt, its junk

I'm a carpenter and the stuff we use for sealing up rubber and metal roofs is from a company called "Protecto Wrap" and this stuff is amazing .. If it touches metal its stuck if it touches hot metal or itself... It reaaalllyy stuck.. It's like peel-n-seel for the most part but adhears better and is a little thicker 60 mil i believe.. So if you were to double this up in your car i think it could be just as good as a SS, dyno xtreme or any of the other top brands.. Just food for thought ... And another selling point is its about $60 bux for 100^3

I'm doing this soon in my new car so i'll post a thread and let you no how it works.. Also the face is white instead of black and lettered.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif This may suk if your car is black but then again the black kinda sux if your car is white

will the sound deadner like stick to like the bedliner stuff, i used some of the bedliner stuff in my trunk but i want to complete the job by putting some sound deadner on jus wondring if it will attach to it and stay

Heres a link .. One is 60 mil , one is 70 mil... Very very good for construction.. Hopefully good for car audio.. Same principal.. Kind of.. It is used on alot of metal roofs not only as a leak/moisture barrier , but sound deadner.. Those who have been in a building / house w a metal roof during a rainstorm know exactly what i'm talkin about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .

will the sound deadner like stick to like the bedliner stuff, i used some of the bedliner stuff in my trunk but i want to complete the job by putting some sound deadner on jus wondring if it will attach to it and stay

What deadner you talking about?? And i'm assuming you got a line-x or rhino liner ( spray on )

It should if you dont layer it up to thick

Heres a link .. One is 60 mil , one is 70 mil... Very very good for construction.. Hopefully good for car audio.. Same principal.. Kind of.. It is used on alot of metal roofs not only as a leak/moisture barrier , but sound deadner.. Those who have been in a building / house w a metal roof during a rainstorm know exactly what i'm talkin about //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .
i dont see any link man

what is protecto wrap made out of ? how well does it resist heat?

im sure it performs well, especially being 60 mils thick, but my main concern is having it fall off / melt in summer heat

Sorry here s the link .. it kind of sux because there is no pics of the stuff, but i did cut off a nice little chunk ( thanks homeowner ) //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif .. To try it out, if anyones interested to see it i can snap a pic from my cell and put it on here .. O and I better get a congrats in the lounge for 1000 posts .. lol

http://www.protectowrap.com/cat_wpm.php

im sure it performs well, especially being 60 mils thick, but my main concern is having it fall off / melt in summer heat
I have a gallon of eDead V3 for sale if you want something that wont fall off

Specs are in the link above.... and trust me man we use this on rubber , shingled, metal and hot roofs .... Ur trunk lid will be fine:)

The temp on most roofs is around 40% higher that the ground so if its 100 on the ground its 140 on the roof .. and thats just base temp... Not being under the shigles metal, etc

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.