someone please help me!!!! NOW!!!

*Honda*Bass*
10+ year member

*Honda*Bass*
Hello I am curious here. If I upgrade from a Dual xdvd 8181 to a pioneer deh-6000ub will my system sound better or gain anything from it? I am running a 4ch. amp with components in the front and after market 6x9s in the back.

I ask because my speakers are rated at 100rms each all around (polk DB comp. and polk momo 6x9s)in my car and my friends are like 70-80rms non component ( alpine typre s). His are louder. we swaped 4ch amps and his was still louder. I use beter wires and ect.... lol the thing i can see is that dual makes shitty decks. BTW my friend is running a newer 08 alpine deck.

so will upgrading decks improve and make my system sound better?

Hello I am curious here. If I upgrade from a Dual xdvd 8181 to a pioneer deh-6000ub will my system sound better or gain anything from it? I am running a 4ch. amp with components in the front and after market 6x9s in the back.
I ask because my speakers are rated at 100rms each all around (polk DB comp. and polk momo 6x9s)in my car and my friends are like 70-80rms non component ( alpine typre s). His are louder. we swaped 4ch amps and his was still louder. I use beter wires and ect.... lol the thing i can see is that dual makes shitty decks. BTW my friend is running a newer 08 alpine deck.

so will upgrading decks improve and make my system sound better?
Pre-out voltage is key....what Pre-out voltage does the Pioneer have ?

Either way, the Pioneer is a superior deck to the Dual, lol..

Buy a headunit with 4v pre-outs if you can, makes a world of difference.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Buy a headunit with 4v pre-outs if you can, makes a world of difference.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
The pioneer has a 4v pre out on it.... thank god . I was so confused. My system should be dominating over my friends and thats alkl i could think of as being the problem. It will hold me over until i get another indash dvd player (high quality)

i had dual! NOW I HAVE CLARION AND I **** MY PANTS
yeah well i figured that was the problem because i use to have one of those cheesy little non dvd dual cd players that everyone knows about and went to an mid age alpine and i was amazed my self. Just had to be cool and get a indash dvd player without doing research. lol

yeah well i figured that was the problem because i use to have one of those cheesy little non dvd dual cd players that everyone knows about and went to an mid age alpine and i was amazed my self. Just had to be cool and get a indash dvd player without doing research. lol
In-Dash dvd players don't give out any pre-out voltage hardly. I had a Clarion in-dash a while back, with 2v pre-outs and it sounded horrible. I cxhanged back to Alpine and its much louder.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

No... it doesn't.

Higher pre-out voltage just means there's less of a chance for the RCA's to pick up outside noise... but everyone says to run the RCA's on the opposite side... so the only interference it would get would be from maybe the door locking and unlocking, but even then it won't even be audible.

i have the alpine type s comps and 6x9's and to be honest i was suprised by how loud they got also....just to let you know

In-Dash dvd players don't give out any pre-out voltage hardly. I had a Clarion in-dash a while back, with 2v pre-outs and it sounded horrible. I cxhanged back to Alpine and its much louder.. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
yeah ok.... now alpine indash dvd players???? Are they any good? I was aiming toward those next. Those have to be decent or do they still have a 2v pre outs? Guess I could look for myself lol

i have the alpine type s comps and 6x9's and to be honest i was suprised by how loud they got also....just to let you know
yea.... they do! I was going to get the alpine type R's to be up on him //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif but ppl on here suggested polks over them. so i got well lol look in my signature..... got some good deals otherwise would of went with momo components also

yeah ok.... now alpine indash dvd players???? Are they any good? I was aiming toward those next. Those have to be decent or do they still have a 2v pre outs? Guess I could look for myself lol
That would depend on the unit... but pre-outs is honestly nothing you have to worry about. Only hardcore SQ guys worry about it.

No... it doesn't.Higher pre-out voltage just means there's less of a chance for the RCA's to pick up outside noise... but everyone says to run the RCA's on the opposite side... so the only interference it would get would be from maybe the door locking and unlocking, but even then it won't even be audible.
either way you have to agree that pioneer is better than dual....shoot most decks are better than dual lol

yeah i got my alpine type s comps on ebay and 6x9's for real cheap lol. i have a pair of kicker SS comps and plan to buy the alpine type R's for the rear. for the money i think its really hard to beat the alpine speakers (off ebay)

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.