Someone help please!!!

thanks. a 4 ohm subwoofer is better than a 2 ohm right?

since i can wire a 4 ohm at either 4 ohms, 2 ohms or 1 ohm?

nice! thanks //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Welcome,,you can do a print out, and take it to the vehicle with you, to make certain you wire correctly as well:D

If an installer is doing it then why are you asking about wiring it? Tell him what you want and he will do it if he thinks its safe or if it can be done. Unless you are having some random dude off the street doing it.

Getting subs in my car, small trunk (lexus is250)
Professional said he can do dual 12s in a sealed box,

Dual 10s in a ported box

or possibly a single 12 ported.

Sub would be Alpine type r

and amp would be crescendo bc2000d if I did dual.

Can someone suggest what I should do please!!

thanks!
If these are your options, I would suggest the 2 10" ported for a good balance between power handling ability and output with that amp. Since it seems you do not want to modify the electrical system any more than is necessary, I would also recommend getting the D2 versions and wiring them to a 2 ohm load for 550 watts per sub. This would allow you to integrate the amp into your system without concern of improper gain matching of components. At 2 ohms, the amp will perform better overall. The amp's ability to operate at 1 ohm indicates reliable and efficient 2 ohm output with enough clean, dynamic headroom available..

There are so many blatantly wrong things with this post. Two identical subs are louder than one. Going down to 1 ohm on that amp on stock electrical is just stupid, the lower the Ohm load you put on an amp the more inefficient it is, If you're going to run just stock power, keep it at a minimal 2 ohms, if not 4 seen to the amp, you'll get less power but that's better than frying everything else in the car. If you can't afford to upgrade the electrical you shouldn't be trying to buy subwoofers and amps for the car.

I am not sure if the OP needed education or advice, good advice and bad advice was given already. If education learning is needed then google search and find information and even better if it does not come from a forum site.

If the OP bought the items, then take it to reputable shop and they should give good advice about what the op wants to do and how to do it with the items available and risks depending on the OP needs. that would be the best thing, otherwise a lot of confusion can be created with different opinions.

Nobody said that 2 subs did not sound louder than 1, it was said that 2 sound louder than one but give no more bass that we can hear or notice while the car and windows shake more and more air is pushed inside causing more rattles and lower SQ if not properly Sound deaden. It is all a our heads, seeing more air move and shake gives us the perception that we are hearing more bass with 2 than 1 but it is not. I also agree 2 ported 10's @ 2 ohms 500+ watts each is the way to go if the op wants 2 subs and louder sound or go to competitions. One ported sub @ 4 ohms will be less complex cheaper and the voltage gains should be set low to start with, like another member mentioned, the sub will only suffer is pushed hard but it will handle high power peaks of 1K watts, as long as it is not run with 700 watts continuous power for extended periods of time it should be fine. Save the extra sub's money and get cheap 4x50 channel amp to drive the door speakers to have a more balanced sound. Or like mentioned before just get a good more expensive sub that can handle more power for that amp maybe at 2 ohms.

I also a agree that amps that work at 1 ohm should not be pushed to run at that, it is just a power reserve to work better in demanding situations, if ran at 1 ohm the amp and wiring will be hot all the time and there is risk of blowing fuses and wear out the alternator and battery, and when you have over 1000K watts, The big 3 and Deep Cycle AGM battery will be needed.

Edit: apples to apples, same load in both cases, 1 at 4ohms 2 at 4ohms, not much difference just louder.

Last edited by a moderator:
just got back from the shop. went with memphis PR amp rated at 1000 watts at 1 ohm. installer said u want to run the amp at its highest efficiency or peak. comes with 3 year warranty. and i will be wiring the two type r's at 1 ohm. will have custom box. amp price was $360. about the same as crescendo. he said it would be dumb to buy the crescendo and not run it at 1 ohm and i would wasting money. any advice

just got back from the shop. went with memphis PR amp rated at 1000 watts at 1 ohm. installer said u want to run the amp at its highest efficiency or peak. comes with 3 year warranty. and i will be wiring the two type r's at 1 ohm. will have custom box. amp price was $360. about the same as crescendo. he said it would be dumb to buy the crescendo and not run it at 1 ohm and i would wasting money. any advice
I thought you already have the Crescendo amp, the shop is advising based on maximum power and powering 2 subs at 500 watts each, just because that is what the amp is capable of doing and that is what the subs can take, maximum power does not mean the best SQ.

Happy Shaking!

At least you may not need to get a new battery and do the big 3 right away but you may have to get that soon.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.