Someone help please!!!

I hate to give you bad news. You have a toyota, toyotas already use up most of the small stock alternator. Point is, you can not run that amp at its full potential with upgrading the alternator. If you try you will ruin your subs, smoke the amp, and possibly ruin your cars electrical system.

This is one of the typical cases, OP has made his/her mind to go with xyz, then come to the forum and try to make us convince him or her that what the op wants to do will work and the op is not willing to change or buy a different sub to match the amp. Disappointing.

This is one of the typical cases, OP has made his/her mind to go with xyz, then come to the forum and try to make us convince him or her that what the op wants to do will work and the op is not willing to change or buy a different sub to match the amp. Disappointing.
Lol this is true, but I can't say I haven't done the same //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif

And OP, there is no way you will be able to use a 2k watt amp to its full potential. If I were you, I would get an Obsidian Audio 12" and power it with around 600-800 watts, but you still need to do the big 3 which is easy anyways.

i like the type R and I don't need 1000 watts going to each, with the crescendo amp. (i don't need to run full portential) I just want to have a nice amp so that in the future, I can get better equipment. But for now, can i use get them installed at 1 ohm in such a way that it is powering less than 1000 watts to each amp? like 500 watts to each sub? (is that possible?!)

what i am saying is that I can get a 1000 watt rms amp for like $300 but I can get a 2250 watt rms amp for $380 so why not...?

i like the type R and I don't need 1000 watts going to each, with the crescendo amp. (i don't need to run full portential) I just want to have a nice amp so that in the future, I can get better equipment. But for now, can i use get them installed at 1 ohm in such a way that it is powering less than 1000 watts to each amp? like 500 watts to each sub? (is that possible?!)
what i am saying is that I can get a 1000 watt rms amp for like $300 but I can get a 2250 watt rms amp for $380 so why not...?
Cause you won't do it. You might run half power for a few days but you will turn it up.

At 1 ohm that cresendo amp according to this link will put out 2200 watts RMS at 1 ohm, that is crazy, better start saving for some hearing aids too. Bass Clef Series BC2000D

The Alpine SWR-12D4 is the top model 1000 watts RMS good luck with that.
What do you mean good luck with that? Have you ever tried any of the type r's?

Op you arent going to have to find subs that retail over $600 to handle your power like this guy thinks.

Definitely do the Big 3. It's easy and can be done very cheap. I also have a very small stock alternator, and was getting no more than 14.1V at full output. Combine those 2 factors and it means very little current left for the amp. I did the Big 3, and immediately was getting 14.5V. When you see what wires you are replacing, you will be amazed at how small they are.

A HO alternator is on it's way to my house, and I am in the same shoes you say you want to be. That is, to only use a small amount of wattage from that big amp. I have a DC 2.0k, and I've got the gain set to a little bit over 300W. Even this little amount of power will still pull my voltage down to 13.0V (the lowest I've seen it). My alternator is only 80A right now. I only did this in order to get some output while my alternator is on it's way. If you do want to run that amp and do this, know that it is very tempting to turn it up, but you must use some self control. I have almost done it once, but then remembered the catastrophic events that would follow. You WILL toast something, your amp, at best. But you doing this is no replacement for a bigger alternator. If you don't plan on getting a bigger alternator, then you would be foolish to buy that big of an amp. Get something smaller. Save that $80 and do the Big 3.

and with imp rise you won't be seeing 2kw out of that amp, but it will still be too much full tilt on low songs for stock electrical.

Do BIG3 and consider adding a G31 batt in back...

One of those subs at 1000rms will be plenty. And you can run it off a smaller amp than the one listed. I took one of my type X's out because two were just to many. Besides you arent going to amp your other speakers. You wont hear anything but bass and your system overall will sound like crap. I would go smaller amp and one sub and put the extra money into an amp and speakers for the highs and mids. And possibly the big 3 before the second amp or after.

One of those subs at 1000rms will be plenty. And you can run it off a smaller amp than the one listed. I took one of my type X's out because two were just to many. Besides you arent going to amp your other speakers. You wont hear anything but bass and your system overall will sound like crap. I would go smaller amp and one sub and put the extra money into an amp and speakers for the highs and mids. And possibly the big 3 before the second amp or after.
Yup, that is what I said before, it makes no sense, wiring 2 subs at 1 ohm 2200 watts, with no full range speakers being amplified. It will sound like crap, 2 subs will not give more bass, just louder sound and shake and damage more stuff, and more money going in to sound deadening, mostly wasted combination.

thanks for the advice everyone! i deffinately do not want to ruin my car. should i wire at 4 ohms then? thats 700 watts but i have a nice amp for future use. whats everyone think?!

or i can just go with a good smaller amp?

thanks for the advice everyone! i deffinately do not want to ruin my car. should i wire at 4 ohms then? thats 700 watts but i have a nice amp for future use. whats everyone think?!
or i can just go with a good smaller amp?
Single 10" sub that you can wire to 2ohms ported.. simple easy done with it... then get an amp that is around 1k at 1Ohm run it at 2ohm stable on the sub and set the gains correctly... done with that.. DO THE BIG 3... Replace the stock battery with a good Battery... If you know what you doing and have the money for batteries and so forth you could run that 2k amp off the stock alternator... but you would have to have a good little battery bank and only be able to do it for 10-20secs at a time...

But the main thing is you came here asking for our help.... Take the time to listen to what some of the people are saying... We do know what we are talking about...

well some of us anyway.. The hardest thing is for you to let go of this I am only running this and how to do it notion...

and i dont want to do the big 3
You will have to do the big 3, and more than likely add another battery,if not a HO alternator...You need to do some research on that amp my friend..Just the power wire, and ground wire alone call for 0ga..It takes power to make power, and if not a 1k amp isnt even going to shell out 50% of its potential/possibly ,if that..youd be better off getting an old school amp that was rated @11.6v to power your subs, verses the 13.5-14.4, that is needed to supply the power hunger amps,if you dont want to supply the needs for them.Its just a waste of money on your end to not get the power that amp is asking for min.,you could also possibly damage the amp in return,and clip the chit out of any sub..in return..a deep heavy pocket will be needed as failure is within the future for you by not doing so.Its not here say /talk/BZS, its just FACTS

Yup, that is what I said before, it makes no sense, wiring 2 subs at 1 ohm 2200 watts, with no full range speakers being amplified. It will sound like crap, 2 subs will not give more bass, just louder sound and shake and damage more stuff, and more money going in to sound deadening, mostly wasted combination.
why do you keep saying this?

should i just go with an mrx-m100 amp for $200? (brand new in box) to power my subs then???

everyone keeps saying that the amp will require too much power and i am not trying to ruin my car

please advise

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.