Someone help please!!!

bentley12
10+ year member

NY
Getting subs in my car, small trunk (lexus is250)

Professional said he can do dual 12s in a sealed box,

Dual 10s in a ported box

or possibly a single 12 ported.

Sub would be Alpine type r

and amp would be crescendo bc2000d if I did dual.

Can someone suggest what I should do please!!

thanks!

Single 10 ported, dual subs will not give you more bass, they will be just louder and shake and damage more crap.

It will be cheaper loud and good enough bass, if you dont mind spending more money then single 12 ported but it will take more room in your space.

With that much power, it will be a waste to go with Alpine subs, if you want to take advantage of that amp, you need to look into subs retailing over $600.00, a good 10 inch ported in a well built box could be better than those two 12 inch alpines in a sealed box.

I can get two alpines for 300 though, so i dont know what else I could get that are better in that price range.

specs (each sub)

Speaker Rating:

Max RMS Power Capacity: 1000W

Peak Power Capacity: 3000W

someone help me, im ready to buy these tonight.

two alpine subs = $300

crescendo amp = $370

custom ported box = $200

What you guys think??

Assuming those subs handle no more than 500 Watts RMS at 4 ohms, you can run them both at 4 ohms and they should be fine, just don't push them and set the gains low. This will be delivering 700 watts and you will not be using all that power all the time.

For a big 3 and DC agm battey you need to be over 1000 watts, you will notice if your lights get weak or blink when you turn it up, if you notice that, then do the big 3 and the battery.

The question is: Is that it? are you using any other amp to drive front and rears or that is it?

If that is all, you will be fine for your regular commute, if you park your car and are going to show off with the engine off for hours, you will need a DC battery at least. Usually about 7-8 feet of 0 gauge to do the big 3, DC battery you know $180-220.

At 1 ohm that cresendo amp according to this link will put out 2200 watts RMS at 1 ohm, that is crazy, better start saving for some hearing aids too.

Bass Clef Series BC2000D

The Alpine SWR-12D4 is the top model 1000 watts RMS good luck with that.

Last edited by a moderator:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.