Someone help please!!!

Question would be..Exactly what subs are you actually going to buy?Need to make a solid choice on the subs you really intend to buy, then get an amp that you can get the most out of for your money,to supply those subs properly

Don't listen to the guy saying 2 subs will not give you more bass. Cone area is the most efficient way to gain out put.

To answer your question. You can use the gain setting formula to have the amp make less power then it has.

No one has asked this but what is your main objective with your system? Do you want a nice quality sound (SQ) or do you want people to hear you from 2 blocks away (SPL)? I assume you want SPL because you are all about the 2k amp and the 1000watt rms subs. I could be wrong though. But answer this and you could get even better advice/direction.

No one has asked this but what is your main objective with your system? Do you want a nice quality sound (SQ) or do you want people to hear you from 2 blocks away (SPL)? I assume you want SPL because you are all about the 2k amp and the 1000watt rms subs. I could be wrong though. But answer this and you could get even better advice/direction.
^^True^^ Sounds like SPL,though some of us wish for the best of both worlds,and thats when it gets expensive.

Really expensive if it's done right.
Yes sir,Midrange/mid bass/highs/lows,and getting the time alignment correct on all speakers,and angles,and some good clean speakers,and join MECA group to learn from.My friend just bought some mids..4in, that are $200 he just put in, and some Hertz he just shelled out $700 for/component set..LOL..That would pay for quite a few items on here:D

I want SPL (if that means loud bass lol) I will be getting TWO type R subs rated at 1000watts RMS (10")

I can get both for $283 shipped brand new (is that a good deal?)

Now for the amp i think i will go with the nendo 2000 and wire at 4ohms and get 700 watts.

any advice?!

I want SPL (if that means loud bass lol) I will be getting TWO type R subs rated at 1000watts RMS (10") I can get both for $283 shipped brand new (is that a good deal?)

Now for the amp i think i will go with the nendo 2000 and wire at 4ohms and get 700 watts.

any advice?!
Wire it at 1 ohm. Set the gain to 2000. Put a DMM on the amp. Play everyday music at everyday volume and watch the voltage. Back the gain down till voltage drop is in the safe range. If you have to lower it a lot start working on electrical upgrades till you can run it full tilt.

I want SPL (if that means loud bass lol) I will be getting TWO type R subs rated at 1000watts RMS (10") I can get both for $283 shipped brand new (is that a good deal?)

any advice?!
Hey don't rule out getting a custom ported box made tuned. You say you want SPL, because you want bass, but depending on your choice you may partially

regret that. As your ear becomes attuned to the distribution of audio on the whole (car door speakers, tweeters and subwoofers etc) and you slowly become

more aware of what you are listening to it begins to dawn on you what you are really hearing. Quality of audio you can achieve is something you are constantly

trying to attain/uncover and I feel could take many years before you are platforming right whether you want a system more geared towards SQL, SQ, or SPL.

Thankfully you can get someone to make you a custom ported box tuned, the tuning on the lower end of the spectrum are more complimentary towards sound

quality and the higher end more towards SPL, what you want is to go midrange while retaining the maximum amount of bass and sound quality. Those levels,

are attained at the 33-36 mark. Good luck.

WHAT IS DMM ON THE AMP? how can i watch the voltage?

why should i wire it at 1ohm if everyone insists that it is a bad idea...?

yes, will be a custom tuned ported box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

WHAT IS DMM ON THE AMP? how can i watch the voltage? why should i wire it at 1ohm if everyone insists that it is a bad idea...?

yes, will be a custom tuned ported box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
A multi meter. You are going to need one. You can wire at 1ohm and turn down the power till its safe.

turn down the power with the bass knob?
Do you understand how the gain works? To get full power out of an amp you set the gain to be at max power when you reach the desired volume on the head unit. Once you use the DMM to match that volume(volume controls the head units pre out voltage) set to 2000 watts, you can back the gain off. This will cause the amp to make less power.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.