So I did a back to back comparison; audiopipe 30001d and DD M1C

Was that 2 ohm after rise or nominal, because these things will run wired @ 1 ohm. Still not bad considering price at that, 2100 clean watts for $350

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Another dumb reply.

Please explain

He said 2100@2ohms with heavy distortion and clipping you replied back talking about 27-2800watts and now you trying to claim 2100 clean power you obviously arent reading **** and just trolling.

That was on a test bench, so there is no rise what so ever.

The amp is nothing special what so ever, I have tested a pair if walmart sony amps that did better numbers.

That was on a test bench, so there is no rise what so ever.
The amp is nothing special what so ever, I have tested a pair if walmart sony amps that did better numbers.
Thats really gonna p i s s off the op.hahaha //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/furious.gif.fc81ca146dbff91fede3ed290dbc4f4c.gif

Well it can't be too bad being mine outdid the M1c, I do however realize that the AP at 4 ohms is a hell of a lot more efficient than at 1 ohm, bot I would guess at least 25-2700 watts on a good electrical, which isn't bad for $250 with waranty, stilll half the price of the more popular brands' 2500 watt amps
Did you not read? 2100w at 2 ohms. That means HALF OF THAT at 4 ohms.

Was that 2 ohm after rise or nominal, because these things will run wired @ 1 ohm. Still not bad considering price at that, 2100 clean watts for $350 

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Please explain
I'll take this amp that's CHEAPER and puts out MORE POWER any day.

Hifonics BRX2400.1D 2400W RMS Class D Monoblock Brutus Series Amp

If you're going with audiopipe to save money you're a fool.

images

That's not how it works. Efficiency isn't linear.
It's roughly accurate though. Double the ohm load is approximately half the power in most cases. I know it's not always accurate though. Either way, there's no way he's getting 2500w at 4 ohms (reactive, add rise to that) clean if it was clamped to do 2100w clean at 2 ohms on a bench (no rise)

So they do 2100 watts clean, for $350, but yet forum members will recommmend amps costing 2x that much for the same output. And don't say they aren't reliable, like I said do some actual research and you will see that 95% of people who own an AP series amp have not had any issues with reliability.
If there is an achilles heel here, I would say that the low efficiency requires more electrical for the same out vs another amp, justifying the cost increase.

No its not close to roughly acurate, just like your comment about ford being more reliable than lexus. The efficiency of these amps; 4 ohm vs 2 ohm is roughly 80% vs 50%, so 2100/2 ohm would be about 1500/4ohm......
I hope you know it's quite obvious that you are the OP.

Getting banned then making another account is a good way to get banned again lol.

Yes, I am banning him again right now actually. His original ban was for another thread though.

Reliability is a massive issue with AP do to the low quality of QC and parts.

Funny - I thought the guy was fairly logical from start to finish.

Many of the responses, clearly, were not.

A comparison like this is one that I would assume psycho (and price tag) acoustics would run wild from the start and the listener would be singing the praises of the DD.

But the opposite was true. I personally thought from the start an unbiased expectation would favor the AP.

So it wasn't a perfectly controlled test - few are -- I don't expect the DD was set up poorly in relation to Mugen's listening preference, and I don't see how there'd be a significant advantage to the AP there.

Looking at rough statistics -- 1200-1700w vs over-rated (to some degree) 1800 I think it's logical to assume the AP would be more likely to hold up in terms of clean output. And when you add the fact that the DD is closer to the limit of its power supply being run at 1 ohm vs 4 for the AP that's one more thing tipping the scale to the AP.

Seems to me a lot of DD lovers just got bent because someone thought a lowly AP could hang -- when in this case it probably can.

He does seem to have a problem stating a lot of opinions and maybe's as fact. His ears were the only fact.

Maybe that's more the problem than the actual amp comparison.

I agree, I can see several reasons why the AP could oerform better, but I can see it going the other way as well.

I am in now a huge DD fan, but my issues were with how the arguement was being made. Since this is a forum where some here can not read bewtween the lines, it becomes an issue when thimgs are misrepresented as they were.

Heck, I have no dought that there are people out there that like jensen more then an other brand out there.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.