So I did a back to back comparison; audiopipe 30001d and DD M1C

mugen08
10+ year member

Win aplenty
Yeah like the title says, I did a back to back comparison between my audiopipe 30001d (wired At 4 ohm, 1800-2K watts rms) and my DD M1C wired at 1 ohm (1700 watts) These were both hooked up to my '10 re xxx in the trunk of my BMW 325ci.

Bottom line, the audiopipe pushed the sub noticeably harder, not a great deal harder but the dd amp did not get my ears to tickle quite the same way the audiopipe amp does; and as far as distortion, I honestly could not tell a difference in sound quality between the two amps.

Long story short, the DD amp is now for sale, $290 plus shipping.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Some people just like the sound of distortion. And the m1c wired for 4ohms only puts out 600ish. You can give up dude unless u have vids of both amps clamped at the same ohm load same voltage and on an oscope your pissing in the wind.

if you like the audiopoop good gor you glad your happy ill stick with reputable brands.

You want an audible difference hook up a jl slash 1000 next ti the audiopoop. I promise squeeky clean power sounds totally different

Some people just like the sound of distortion. And the m1c wired for 4ohms only puts out 600ish. You can give up dude unless u have vids of both amps clamped at the same ohm load same voltage and on an oscope your pissing in the wind.
if you like the audiopoop good gor you glad your happy ill stick with reputable brands.

You want an audible difference hook up a jl slash 1000 next ti the audiopoop. I promise squeeky clean power sounds totally different
not sure why you are so mad

Yeah like the title says, I did a back to back comparison between my audiopipe 30001d (wired At 4 ohm, 1800 watts rms) and my DD M1C. These were both hooked up to my '10 re xxx in the trunk of my BMW 325ci.
Bottom line, the audiopipe pushed the sub noticeably harder, not a great deal harder but the dd amp did not get my ears to tickle quite the same way the audiopipe amp does; and as far as distortion, I honestly could not tell a difference in sound quality between the two amps.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
So how do we know if this is true or not? I can say X amp is louder than Y amp, doesn't mean it's true.

Without clamp tests showing what each amp is putting out, this thread is pointless. Well this thread is pointless anyway; you're not going to make the people who hate AP like it...

If you are happy with your amp, then that's all that matters. It's your system, not anybody elses, what they think of your system shouldn't matter to you if you are happy with it.

Your a ******* tool. Your just making threads to get attention at this point. We are all glad you like your super peaky bottom heavy fifteen and your fleamarket amp.. find something else to talk about or stop "contributing". Also, I find it suspect that your audiopipe puts out 1800 watts RMS, but it didnt' push the sub "a great deal harder" than the DD... That DD amp is a 1200-1500 watts tops at 1ohm.. At 4ohms your going to be lucky to get 400 watts RMS out of it. You should have been seeing 2x the voltage so 2x the excursion. .If you didn't... Which you admitted, that amp is likely closer to 1k. Good question from DDtc too. What impedence is your RE XXX?

Yeah like the title says, I did a back to back comparison between my audiopipe 30001d (wired At 4 ohm, 1800 watts rms) and my DD M1C. These were both hooked up to my '10 re xxx in the trunk of my BMW 325ci.

Ok.

mugen08....troll all day.

I will feed you, MR TROLL.

I am a DD Dealer and I have the equipment to properly test amps on active loads.

I have a few DD M1c's in stock. So, I will grab one and put it on my test bench.

I will subject it active loads...and post the voltage and amperage input/output of the DD M1c.

AND....I will also post shots of the O-scope at the same time!!!!

I've not scoped the DD M1c before, so this will be a learning experience for all.

It probably didn't "tickle your ears" quite the same way because there was no clipping or distortion. Some people like to hear that and don't really realize what it is.

What matters is, you like the shittier amp more, so you can save money. And someone else can get some use out of the nice amp. It's a win-win.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.