Dc 3.5

Participant count
  • Participant list

SMS
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
MA
hows the quality and effeicentcy of the 3.5? im not a fan of there subs-hoping there amps are solider. figure there the same basic board as most korean amps. can there quality and longivity be compared to that of IA amps?

thanks

Underrated, bomb proof, sexy, 18V capable, great CS, and IMO Higher quality than "most" of the other Koreans.

IA is a fantastic company, but their prices are through the roof.

I know you will think I am biased, but there is a reason I went from the 2.0 DC's to the 3.5's and not some other brands.

[quote name='SMS']@hispls;[/QUOTE]

Very similar to the older AQ 3500. A friend of mine on the cape has been running one on rather anemic electrical for a while now (since his Sundown 3K got smoked when he got rear-ended). Considering it's in his spare tire well on very poor electrical I'm very impressed with performance.

That being said, if you're trying to buy new, I'd go with Sundown simply due to customer support, but if you're buying used I'd wager that any of the Korean 3.5K boards would be inaudible difference and may not even register on the meter. Consider 300-400W up or down once you're at 3500W is negligible.

Furthermore, that'll take you out of rookie/amateur class and that 12 you own won't like that much power outside of burps @ tuning with the soft suspension. The IA wouldn't like that much power with the 4 layer 3" coil. The BTL would be rather happy with 3K, though more than a couple minutes of bass heavy song at full blast would get it smelly. Personally if I were you, I'd look to get another 20.1 and run a pair if you're looking for 3500W. They're a solid performer, you already own one, and you'd have more impedance and mounting options with a pair of smaller amps.

I love strapping small amps.

My two 2.0's were fantastic strapped, and you can put them almost anywhere. The 3.5 is a bit bigger and was more of a challenge in my car to find a good spot for it. In my suburban it don't matter LOL.

Very similar to the older AQ 3500. A friend of mine on the cape has been running one on rather anemic electrical for a while now (since his Sundown 3K got smoked when he got rear-ended). Considering it's in his spare tire well on very poor electrical I'm very impressed with performance.
That being said, if you're trying to buy new, I'd go with Sundown simply due to customer support, but if you're buying used I'd wager that any of the Korean 3.5K boards would be inaudible difference and may not even register on the meter. Consider 300-400W up or down once you're at 3500W is negligible.

Furthermore, that'll take you out of rookie/amateur class and that 12 you own won't like that much power outside of burps @ tuning with the soft suspension. The IA wouldn't like that much power with the 4 layer 3" coil. The BTL would be rather happy with 3K, though more than a couple minutes of bass heavy song at full blast would get it smelly. Personally if I were you, I'd look to get another 20.1 and run a pair if you're looking for 3500W. They're a solid performer, you already own one, and you'd have more impedance and mounting options with a pair of smaller amps.
thanks jon, lookin at next season- cant use strapped amps in stock 1 and for music on the sig id run the sig at 2.8 music- .7 burp. looking into a possible trade for for the 3.5.

think im just going to run with nespl next season- unless theres a close tne show

thanks jon, lookin at next season- cant use strapped amps in stock 1 and for music on the sig id run the sig at 2.8 music- .7 burp. looking into a possible trade for for the 3.5. think im just going to run with nespl next season- unless theres a close tne show
TNE is about dead around here. Steve at least has good turnouts.

You'll be needing a 5K to be competitive when you bump a class.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

SMS

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Elite
SMS
MA
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date